Why should Modern Men get married?

Why women want a traditional wedding but not a traditional marriage I will never know. Todays women want to split house chores but not the bills, they want to decide when they have children and won't marry a guy unless he makes more than themselves. They want to make their own money but believe "your money is our money but my money is MY MONEY". All the while paying some else a wage to raise the kids.
Why would any man be bothered if in a modern relationship his dutiful wife doesn't greet him at the door in some sexy lingere with his slippers and a martini while dinner is waiting on the table. Especially as he can enjoy casual sex thanks to womens Lib and that magic contraceptive pill? All the fun with none of the responsibility and emotional and financial baggage. here's to Modern Man (slurps martini)

Most Helpful Girl

• I still want both a traditional marriage and a traditional wedding

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 6

• media4.giphy.com/media/iW9wq3HhXCqgo/giphy.gif

If I get married I plan to split the bills and the chores. We will decide together when we have children, although accidents happen. I want an equal partnership. I don't want to be a maid service nor do I want my husband to be under financial strain. Can you try not generalise half the population. Also there are plenty of women who would love to have a traditional marriage.

You do realise marriage is optional, right?

• I didn't realize 'today's women' are a joint entity.
    It's really as simple as finding a woman who wants to split everything equally, chores, bills, responsibilities included. Believe it or not but we're not all the same. Don't base your major generalization of the female sex as a whole off of one or two ladies you've encountered.

• Generally speaking im just rounding it up to fifty percent of all females.

• okay yea sure, some of today's women will but interested in splitting chores, bills, etc., while others won't. It's mostly just as matter of finding one that you like who shares the same views on those things as yourself.

• Men don't have to get married. Unless you find a chick that you would want to. Then great do it. Don't get married because you feel like you have to. Only do it if you want. Doesn't matter what the chick wants. Only if YOU want to.

Damn the " his dutiful wife doesn't greet him at the door in some sexy lingere with his slippers and a martini while dinner is waiting on the table." Sounds like an interesting fantasy. :D

Most women do not like to share their man with other women. So that's why most will be upset if you go around sticking your dick in other random women.

• Yes, lets generalize the fuck out of every woman in existence. I feel so sad for all you poor, poor men, who have to be on this planet with us mean women.

• Your right to be sad you meanie.

• Well, any modern man with this attitude should probably just stay away from women in general.

• Do you really think "traditional" women with 3-4 rugrats clinging to their legs were greeting their man at the door in lingerie and a martini? :P Rose colored glasses, son!

That being said, I don't know that marriage is for everyone. I'm personally not that into the idea.

What Guys Said 2

• Ugh, a soapboxer.

Posting a question to state your opinion isn't what this section is for. You seem more interested in telling us your answers instead of asking us for ours. For something like this, please keep it as a myTake. They're for exactly this.

• Well you shouldn't with someone like you describe. You have to find a woman who is able to be a full partner in the relationship and not a dependent.