If you could legally have multiple spouses would you?

I'm a monogamous girl. I think its just morally wrong to date/marry more then one person.

• I'm sticking with one spouse.
  • Hey! The more the merrier!
  • In my country, I'm already legally allowed to marry more than one person.
  • I never want to marry anyway.

Most Helpful Guy

• Nah... I don't necessarily think it's wrong, but... there's just something about being wholly committed to the happiness of one person. It's an idea that just... it gives a good feeling, you know?

Staying with just one person is not a problem. Figuring out who that person is--well, that's tough.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think it's morally wrong as long as all parties are aware but I would never ever do it myself. I know that I am monogamous and being with multiple people would likely make me unhappy.

What Guys Said 21

• one is enough for me

• oh hell no, can you imagine all your wives would start their periods at the same time, it would be a living hell

• There's nothing illegal about having multiple partners... you just can't marry them in most places.

Your morals are relative. "According to the Ethnographic Atlas, of 1,231 societies noted, 186 were monogamous; 453 had occasional polygyny; 588 had more frequent polygyny; and 4 had polyandry"

• Nope, I'm a one women kind of guy.

• Only if it was legal and if it was a special circumstance like where it was like a package deal or something crazy like it was two sisters who are like inseparable ( not conjoined twins). Id do it if it mean keeping the two of them sane. other wise im sticking to one wife

• Didn't even know it was illegal, I figured people just didn't do it.

But I would love to have multiple spouses.

• No. I think true love is just between two people. And if someone goes "I love them but i love someone else too" then they aren't truly in love with them

• I don't think polyamory is wrong. Different people prefer different things. To each his own.

• not sure , pardon me if this sounds rude , but dealing with one woman "can" be quite troublesome , let alone two or more lol

• If i could have three or four mistresses that would be awesome lol. But just marrying by itself seems like a bad deal. Not just bad for guys either, you might want to rethink marrying, especially after all the ashley madison accounts lmfao.

• Nope, sticking with one

• I only want one.

• I think it would be very interesting in theory but I'm not sure how it would work out for me in a practical sense, 1 girl to deal with is enough.

• Yeah its called Seven day Adventist or Muslims and other cultures and countries to it too.

• I'd only consider that if we were all mutually in love with each other.

• Men have always been allowed to keep as many women as possible. It's great, but the more the women, the more the witchcraft.

• That's weird as hell. You don't have to go against social norms just to prove something to yourself.

• Who wouldn't have more if we could

• I don't think it is morally wrong, as long as everyone agrees to it. I have never even had the urge to cheat, so I think I am just meant to be a one woman man. Although I admit I do find the idea of having more than one woman in love with me very flattering. As someone that has never really felt loved, it would be tempting to want to include every woman that loved me into my harem. Not for the sex so much but rather because I want to feel as loved as possible. I would never put my wife through something like that, but I can understand the appeal of having more than one wife.

• I see no reason it should be illegal, even though I personally wouldn't.

• Piece of paper to me

• A piece of paper that lets you:

- inherit property without probate or paying an inheritance tax
      - prevent the state from compelling testimony in a criminal trial
      - obtain health insurance coverage on another's health plan
      - fulfill another's health care or funeral wishes
      - obtain joint credit
      - own property together
      - visit another while they are hospitalized or incarcerated
      - obtain housing benefits if a member of the military
      - pay federal income taxes at a lower effective rate

so yeah, just a piece of paper

p. s.
      When I was deployed with the US Navy, the married guys got extra pay... family separation allowance. Married for 1 day, you get paid. Ten year live in girlfriend, you get nothing. From the government's perspective, getting married IS forming a family.

What Girls Said 13

• hell no. yuck.

• one is enough for me :D i love him too much to want another one, anyway. haha!

• i choose ONLY ONE SPOUSE!!!

• Nah, that doesn't appeal to me in the the slightest. I feel like anyone else would be a downgrade anyway, so it's pointless.

• Hell nah. One is enough 🙈 i dont even feel sexually attracted to anyone else but my husband anyway..

• One hole, one person... Unless I was born with two vaginas

• i would maybe. i'm polyamorous.

• nope nope nope nope I will just keep one thank you very much

• i wonder what country the person whos allowed to marry more than one person is from legally

• Fuck no, that shit is not for me

• You'll have to deal with more than one mother in law, no thanks XD

• treating one guy like a king is plenty for me! Lol I would rather put more effort into my man then multiple

• hell no !!! One is a lot of stress and work already !!