Can a girl propose?

What do you think on women proposing instead of men?

Most Helpful Guy

• Go for it.. Just like with men, when someone proposes, you are quite sure of the answer, and you have had "the talk" previously.

I personally like to see an empowered and independent woman.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think that shouldn't be gender defined as well as approching a person you like
    women or men, we are all people and there is no need to follow any rules implied to us from society based on how certain gender should behave

What Guys Said 7

• She can but in my opinion it's the mans job to do it and the women doing it just doesn't sit well with me.

• it should be fine.

• Not a good idea if the guy is a traditional man.

• It is fine for women to propose. My sister did to her boyfriend.

• #MikeyWouldLikey but I really want to be the one to propose

• They can but 99 percent of them won't since they want the guy to do every difficult thing in a relationship.

• love to know where those stats came from :P

• Everyone knows it's like 90 something percent but here's this article that shows that woman propose 5 percent of the time.
      www.cbsnews.com/.../

• Your math is awesomely shocking.

• Why shouldn't they be able to

• They can, I need xper and I figured the question would get a few answers ;)

• Are you sure you not gonna propose to someone? ;)

• I already did years ago.

What Girls Said 6

• look if a woman wants to propose then awesome, all power to her, but I'm traditional with this kinda stuff.

• She's physically and mentally able to, yes. Whether or not a guy will accept being proposed to by a girl is another question entirely.

• You think a man would refuse purely because she is doing the proposing?

• Meh, my sisters fiance had a planned proposal and even asked our parents if it was alright if he proposed to her. So I don't see an issue with it. Your feelings for the person are strong no matter if it's planned or not. Like, an unplanned proposal doesn't mean your feelings are suddenly ten times more amplified than if you planned it.

• No I get what you mean. I'm speaking purely personally here when I say I don't like staged romance. Loads of people LOVE it, I find it tacky and cliche. The asking permission I find insulting and disrespectful. It's no one else's decision if I marry. I am not property... but loads of girls seem cool with it.

• Yeah its fine. But its not something I would do personally. I hope who ever does it gets a comfortable "yes"

• I wouldn't. I just can't picture myself doing it.

• Yup why not but it doesn't happen often.

• That would be great, the singer P! nk did that too as well as many other women. However some people do think that its unacceptable for a women to propose, but everyone has the human right to propose though women proposing would be different, Im not a feminist though I believe that we all deserve human rights.

• She's divorced now isn't she?

• I was just anwering ur question, no offence but u should seriously calm ur tits, people like u shouldn't even be on GaG if u keep having that kind of attitude anyways I'm done with this so yea.

• People like you shouldn't be anywhere, the kind of people who get stroppy about fuck all and then pretend its someone else who is being a dick. You're such a dick.