People who say they never wanna get married... THEN WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS?

they have sex
they live together with someone
they share things
they spend money
they have babies
they hang out
they go on dates
they sleep together
they get to know eachother's friends
they get to know eachother's families

but ooohhhh noooo they hate marriage soooo much they never wanna do it and dont even wanna hear about it !
are you kidding me?@

even if those things are not with the same person, you are still doing marriage stuff and then you babble about how much you just loath marriage and will never do it... really?

and girls who cry day and night because a guy won't marry them or they can't find someone to marry or most guys are not husband material... maybe if you stop giving him EVERYTHING 100% free outside of marriage without any real commitment at all !

maybe im missing something... help me solve this riddle?

you are not getting what im saying

im talking about people who are sooooo against marriage and say they want nothing to do with it and they dont need it
yet they do EVERYTHING related to it and they say they need thoe things and can't live without them

i feel like a lot of people are just plain afraid of commitment and want to feel like there is a way out... real love and real commitment are almost gone

Most Helpful Guy

• They genuinely do not want to commit to be there for better or worse. Some are reserving the right to change their minds. Others are basically saying they will be there as long as the other person is actively being a good partner, but if the other person stopped treating them well, they'd be gone.

• nailed it

• And, as someone married... maybe they're not wrong. There's very little social pressure (and certainly no legal pressure) to continue being a 'good' spouse once married. A frightening number of people seem to become increasingly selfish and have a spouse who is stuck with them.

Once you have kids you're bound to a point you might want to marry (and get prenups). Otherwise?

I was young and romantic and got married fast. I wouldn't suggest it to young men today.

Most Helpful Girl

• Well the problem is, we live in a society where people dont give a shit about anything, and they like to sleep around no strings attached. Its really messed up I know. I currently have a boyfriend (my first and last) and we're going to get married after we finish our studies. I still believe in marriage. The problem with girls now is that they sleep around and live with their boyfriends without getting married thats why the guy doesn't want to marry her cause he thinks she's too damn easy! I get you man...

• thank you !

• @opinion owner is not getting off her high horse
      and
      @asker is not getting off her soap box

stop telling us to get off things !

• hahaaha she should get off a man's dick

What Guys Said 14

• dates. really? why is dates on there, people date before they even get married what the fuck. that's the "getting to know you stage".

sex is a motherfucking given for all.

living together, roomies for life are fucking awesome. don't need to be married to one another.

sharing things. sharing is caring lol. its not just for marriage.

spending money is a necessity in all aspects of life, not just marriage.

hanging out, like really bro.

babies is one thing that seems it would be best in marriage but hey some people wanna be a single parent, nothing wrong with it.

sleeping together, refer to the sex comment earlier. also cuddling is nice, regardless of marriage.

getting to know each other's friends, like holy shit lol. didn't know I had to be married to get to know my friend girl's friends.

getting to know another person's family, that just shows how close you two are as friends, does not require to be married.

no hate bruh, even though it sounded like I was hateful as fuck lol 😂😂

• We think marriage is a waste of money and time. All it really is is a piece of paper and a stone on your finger. Being married doesn't and should change the way you feel about someone. We see a lot of people get married for the simple reason of being married, which is wrong. We have been to weddings that cost $20,000 or more, we would rather spend that money on a house or furniture. We think all the time planning and making arrangements that take a year or longer to book are a complete waste of time for that 12 hour party one day. Not worth it to us. We have also seen great couples who then get married, and then give up on trying to be a great partner. It is like once they are married they don't have to try to be a good partner anymore. Weddings and marriage is just a complete turn-off to us.

• Most of the current generation do not understand the exhortation, "To thine own self, be true!"

• #MikeyNoLikey the BS either. They make no sense haha

• the people who do those things and don't get married typically have better sex lives, which suggest they are probably happier over all.

• sometimes marriage is just really expensive, maybe people are also a bit afraid of marriage, they feel like its a reall commitment, i wouldn't mind marrying one day, but only when i have enough money for it.

• Use your brain once again: They are NOT getting married and that's all there is.

You could also throw in the same things married people do like breathing, washing, eating, cleaning, sleeping and what every standard human will do. It's also all related of married people like unmarried ones. YET they do the same thing.

• I mean why do you think married people have the rights to do these things and unmarried people have not?

• Becauset thats a proof that i do not need to marriage to do those essential things and be happy.

• You goin mad max.

Marriage is just a promise in a paper to make people feel safe.

The real feel of having someone that will be by your side for as long as possible doesn't need marriage to happen

• I am a hopeless romantic kind of guy. I'm not against marriage. But people seem to think only guys are against marriage because they fear getting screwed over. No. Women have their reasons, too. The social pressure is still on guys to get married, and if they don't, then they are not real men and they are losers. That's how many people appear to still think these days. And if a man even tries to raise one complaint, then he is a whiny baby and he needs to just shut up and submit.

• they have sex = Do this because it feels good. I don't want to marry my hand but I'll fuck the shit out of it.

they live together with someone = Nothing wrong with companionship. Split the bills, someone to talk to, etc.

they share things = I share tools and stuff with my neighbors; doesn't mean I want to marry them.

they spend money = How can you not spend money? I'm confused

they have babies = sex and babies kind of goes hand & hand; especially when it's good / no-condom sex.

they hang out = I hang out with everyone; doesn't mean I want to marry them.

they go on dates = These nuts ain't going to drain themselves.

they sleep together = Everyone has to sleep sometime. I'm tired right now actually; might sleep with my computer. Might have to throw a ring on it, what?

they get to know each other's friends = That's what friends do. I know my moms friends but I ain't about to marry that old hag.

they get to know eachother's families = rarely other peoples families are actually nice people too that are worth getting to know. This one you may have me on though; I hated all my ex's families. Bunch of crazy manipulative people.

• Most of them will end up getting married.

• In life, there is often a big difference between what people say they want and what they actually choose.

• The biggest reason men don't want to get married is because of how fucked up their lives get due to the biased courts after a divorce. It is primarily a legal/financial dissatisfaction with marriage.

What Girls Said 9

• A lot of people dislike the legality of marriage and all of the rules that come attached. Such as what happens in a divorce situation. Marriage is also more final, which scares a lot of people. It can make some feel like their freedom is completely gone and you'll never be the same again.

However, there are a lot of people who simply feel this way because they've never met someone who makes them WANT to do it. Which makes complete sense! We should think marriage is a crazy arrangement until we've met the right person. Because with anyone other than that, it's insane.

As for why the guys being anti-marriage part, I'll agree and disagree. Are guys become less enthused about marriage? Sure. But so are women. We all have a lot more freedom to explore and have fun. Marriage is no longer the only path to economical and social survival. Women also receive a lot more heat for never marrying than men do. While men receive criticism from friends FOR getting married (divorce court rulings, lack of freedom, wives becoming different, etc.)

We're all a victim of caving into social pressures, so I don't think it's just because women sleep with men outside of real commitment. If that were true, no one would've gotten married in the 60's. But i see what you're saying. If maybe we didn't act completely like a wife before we are a wife, marriage would still be a thing. And to that I say, people need to meet people that are compatible with them and not try to use them. Men shouldn't use a woman they know wants marriage and he does not. And women should not try to force marriage out of a man by acting like a wife before she is one. (All of this is true in the reverse as well).

• Calm the fuck down, it's peoples own choice if they wanna legally bind themselves to someone. To some it's just a piece of paper, it doesn't mean anything, so why do they have to get it? What is wrong with just loving each other, being in a relationship?

• Relationships and marriage arre all very confusing.

What about the women who say how badly they want to get married yet are lazy and don't want to do anything and want men to do everything? These women also want babies but don't even know how to take care of themselves.

Everything is messed up.

• I think you're putting far too much emphasis on marriage, marriage doesn't guarantee commitment, if someone is a cheater then a ring and a piece of paper isn't going to change that.

Also some people don't like the idea of involving the government/court system in their relationship and marriage does just that.

I'm not set on or against marriage, i'll just see what happens and take my partners opinion into consideration.

• Why do they need a piece of paper proclaiming their love? That's all it is. When I got married it was nothing different from when I lived with my boyfriend before the ceremony and nothing changes except for a piece of paper stating you are married. I understand why people don't because when you get divorced , the process is a lot harder than when common law. I don't blame anyone at all for not wanting to get married. I'll never do it again.

• like you said : you are still doing marriage stuff
    then why should people marry.. marriage is all about religions.. I personally have some commitment issues.. so I understand how scarry being married to someone can be :3

• So what's the question again?

• people don't want to do it because of $ complications.

• I think they just wanna be able to do all that without being tied down. Kind of irresponsible in my opinion..