If people get married at a Church does the Pastor or Priest usually inquire if they are abstaining?

If people get married at a Church does the Pastor or Priest usually inquire if they are abstaining?

0|0
4|3

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm not sure, but I guess some do. My friend told me that she was finding a hard time finding a pastor to officiate her wedding because she and her fiance were living together already.

0|0
    0|0
    • why were they

• Show All
    • Haha well that's your opinion. For many people, it's a natural step in a serious relationship.

• for many people not caring about following Jesus

Most Helpful Guy

• No. Most clergy follow a don't ask/don't tell policy, specially Catholics, Lutherans, Episcopalians, Presbyterians, Methodists.. However, you should expect to be asked if you are getting married by a minister from a more fundamental religious sect, such as Baptists or the evangelical churches such as Church of God.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• I think it depends mostly on the Priest... Not really the church.

0|0
    0|0
  • That would be a weird thing to inquire about.

0|0
    0|0
  • not usually.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 2

• no. the question is about to become irrelevant anyway. besides, the priest is just doing a job. It's not nice to start questioning your customers.

0|0
    0|1
  • No.,

If you look at records from puritan settlers, first childbirth often was less than 9 months post wedding.

Getting married retroactively makes the premarital sex a non-issue, nobody cares any more.

0|0
    0|0