Why do great guys marry ugly girls?

it seems like pretty girls get used and guys choose ugly girls to marry am I wrong? all my less attractive girlfriends have great guys and all my prettiest girlfriends get used by guys. how do I find a great guy that won't use me? what are we doing wrong?

Most Helpful Guy

• typically, what makes a guy (or girl) 'great' is the degree to which they can view themselves objectively. The inability to do so typically means that the person is an asshole. However, this is not a default ability for most people - it must be learned. And the only way to learn it is through pain of failure. When someone fails enough they tend to have lower standards for others, and in extreme cases have trouble criticizing anyone for anything at all. So, when some 'ugly' girl starts pursuing a 'great' guy, he is going to be reluctant to tell her to leave him alone, no matter how much he wants to.

Most Helpful Girl

• "Great guys" marry "ugly girls" because there's more to marriage and building your life around someone besides how they look. Not everyone gives away their last name based on how much of a trophy a woman can appear to be. "Ugly girls" often have more to offer spiritually, mentally, and emotionally. This is because a majority of pretty girls rely on pretty instead of taking it to the next level. Instead of learning how to prep and properly cook a full course meal, they'd rather be learning how to perfect contour. -_- Instead of actually creating wonderful, charming memories in the moment, they're too busy trying to capture them in the perfect way so they can gain excessive, worthless likes on Instagram. A lot of pretty girls don't aspire to be nurturers, healers, and internal providers. They simply rely on their genetic gifts to maintain their desirability. For smart men, marriage doesn't work that way.

What Guys Said 9

• I don't think you know exactly what you're talking about. Just the title tells me that you have a lot to learn.

A guy would marry an 'ugly' girl for the same reason everybody SHOULD marry: because they love them.

Why do they love the 'ugly' girl? Try asking them. Maybe you can learn something about how to get a good guy for yourself?

• yes, you are wrong. 😂

• Lol oh Berty can always count on you to spice things up in here 😜

• Once again, the famous Craigslist essay, "What happened to the nice (or in this case, great) guys? YOU did..." comes to mind:

www.craigslist.org/about/best/lax/483318927.html

• Nice guys always lose or even worse, get told to wait until a girl is like 30 for her to come out of her "bad boy" phase. I have this theory right (probably just over generalising) I know three girls in their 30's that are babes and are struggling in love. My theory based on them and my social circles is this: 1) nice guys don't generally get women in their youth but almost always find one person that they settle for. So they get their partner and settle (I use that word seriously). Most of my friends went this route. But settling is dangerous. So they may be married, but not happy. 2) bad boys remain bad boys. 3) nice guys who were sick of being nice changed to bad boys. So you have a landscape of non-attractive males (the settled one woman nice guy) and a bunch of douches who were either always douche or a former nice guy.

• @Scrambledagain sounds like you got it right this actually answers my question ty

• First thing i wanna say here and that you don't seem to get is : GUYS DON'T ALWAYS GO BY LOOKS. "OH YEAH THEY DO " No , they don't girl. And honestly i'm one of them. I don't go by the looks of a girl. Simply because The Outside atracts and the Inside Conquers. You can actually be with a perfect girl , and she being ugly , she just has to be perfect to him and no one else. How do you find a great guy? Stop being so easy to have. Be dificult. Be a BITCH. A Pain in the ass ! The guys that use girls , pretty ones in this case , they only go until one point. The point that they know you won't make it easy for them to use you. And when they understand that , they will back off and leave you alone , while the good guys , if they are trying to know you , trying to know how you act to boys , they will know how to act around you to conquer you , because they actually try to understand how do you function. Be a girl that a man needs , not a girl that needs a man.

• You do call your other friend less attractive, so that one thing and who are you to really judge them in the first place? Did you know that beauty is subjective? In any case, the only way for you to find a great guy is by doing what everyone else is doing; putting themselves out there and goes to countless dates or relationship to find that special person for them. In any case, are you and @Scrambledagain the same person? Just wondering that's all.

• a lot of guys don't want to be aggressive anymore don't want to be the pursuer want to be able to sit back and get approached or at least get a lot of signs from the girl which I've found pretty girls do less of even if they're interested.

• The real question is.. will I find someone that likes me for who I am or do I have to make up a stupid reason for why I don't have what other girls do?

My answer is that you focus on yourself, otherwise you will only feel depressed or sound superficial to other people (it makes you look immature and egoistic).

• Personality can beat looks.

• Why do great girls, marry ugly guys?

What Girls Said 6

• You are in a bubble.

• Maybe your "pretty friends" just have bad judgement and your "less attractive girlfriends" are very attractive to somebody else and have better judgement.
    Great guys don't always marry ugly girls. That's just your opinion, so maybe they don't see them as "ugly" because that's just your view of what is pretty and what is not.

• Again? -_- Aren't you bored asking the same question over and over?

• Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• Yep I see obese and overweight and ugly women with men all the time

• because personality and compatibility matter way more than looks.