If your married partner keep their last name, who's name would you want the child to inherit?

• My child would take my name
    0% (0)60% (3)19% (3)Vote
  • My child would take my partner's
    45% (5)0% (0)31% (5)Vote
  • I would want my partner to take my name and my child to take my name
    0% (0)0% (0)0% (0)Vote
  • My partner and I would both change our name to something the same
    9% (1)20% (1)12% (2)Vote
  • I don't care, whatever my partner wants, I'm easy going
    46% (5)20% (1)38% (6)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
I'm gay so I've wondered what most straight couples would do (or anyone gay out there that wouldn't mind sharing their opinions?)

0|0
5|3

Most Helpful Guy

• We could have two children. One inherits, say, my name and the other inherits hers.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• If I had a child and I chose to keep my name (which, let's be real, there's like a 50% chance I will), said child would take my husband's name. MY last name is in no danger of dying out. There are a plethora of Mr. M's out there to carry on my last name. My guy, on the other hand, is the only male in his family aside from his father, with his last name.

1|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 2

• I'd like to take the partners last name as well as let our child take the same name
    i really don't like my last name at all it's a German name that has horrible meaning :(
    now i know why people never cared for my paternal Grand-dad long story.

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends. If her last name is seriously good, I would like the child to have it. In particular, I like German and Russian last names a lot.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 4

• I would likely have changed my name to my partner's. However, in the case that I didn't, then my child would have my surname hyphenated with my partner's (though I wouldn't really want that because his name is already double-barrelled and my child doesn't really need three surnames).

0|0
    0|0
  • Tough one!!! I have this fear because I'm an only child, that I don't want the family name to die with me! But then... I want to take my husbands name and our children have the same name... but my family name should live on... ahh i don't know

0|0
    0|0
  • I used to think about this extensively. Ideally, I would keep my last name and any children I might have would have my partner's last name with my last name as their middle name.

0|0
    0|0
  • My child would take my husband's family name of course. :)

0|0
    0|0