Do you think domestic violence is justifiable under any circumstances?

Do you think beating the one you married and promised to take care of is justifiable? Hurting them physically is OK?

• yes
  • no

Most Helpful Guy

• No, I personally believe people who beat their wives are nothing better than animals, beating a wife should never come into consideration under any circumstances.

Most Helpful Girl

• It's never alright. It's lack of respect, and very egotistical.

What Guys Said 16

• Obviously not, who would think it's ok?
    You could marry a punching bag if you want to hit something.

• Never. Domestic violence calls are actually the most infamous for Police Officers. If someone doesn't have trouble hurting someone they love or close to them, whats stopping them from attacking Officers?

• Not at all, I actually almost cried because some poor girl got beaten to death on the news. It's so wrong and pisses me off. hope that dude gets beaten into a wheel chair in jail. But I know some girls that are with some dangerous guys and unfortunately that whole "girls love bad boys" thing can be costly.

• If they are threatening to kill you and they actually mean it, then yes!

But typically no.

• Violence or hurting someone out of anything other than immediate self defense is wrong. No two ways about it.

• Hell no its not OK. Same goes for the girl though she can't be violent towards the man.

• Only if they try to harm you or your children if you have any.

• Only for self-defense. That's why I voted "yes" Because technically a "circumstance".

• Self defense is self defense. No matter who the attacker is.

• Of course not

• The only people that would vote yes to this are trolls. What is the point of making this poll?

• Someone I know was facing this situation yesterday... I want to know how people think

• NO!!! Treat others the way you want to be treated.

• Depends on how shitty that bitch cook

jk - ofc fucking not

• Who the fuck said yes

• Sorry but for the people who said yes - You deserve to be castrated.

• I don't think it's ever justified to beat your husband or wife. However, I can't blame them for doing it if it's something serious like they cheated during your marriage or something awful like that.

What Girls Said 7

• It's definitely not okay. There's no excuse for beating your partner, if you wanted to beat someone up then you should have gone out with a punching bag, not a person.

• There is no reason to physically hurt someone, unless you're defending yourself from them.

• No one deserves to ever get beaten. If you want to beat someone, go to the gym and get a punching bag.

• No. No one deserves that ever.

• Obviously not. Only reason I'd say yes is if it's an act of self defence

• There are a few circumstances that makes it acceptable to beat your spouse, but on most cases it is absolutely unacceptable.

• Well, you said under any circumstance... If I had to physically restrain him from being a threat to himself or others, I would. Same goes in reverse should I be a threat to myself or others I would expect him to.