Would leave your husband if he couldn't have kids?

If you found out that your husband is infertile would you leave him? Give me your opinions.

• No
  • Yes

Most Helpful Girl

• No, that wouldn't make me leave him. We would still be able to adopt and I'd be perfectly happy to do so :)

Most Helpful Guy

• it's funny, because guys will never be able to not have kids.
    Really?
    Sure, he won't be able to have kids the "natural" way. But sperm cells can be grown from stem cells, and getting some of those is very much possible. Sure, requires a bit of surgery and some artificial insemination, but it's still biologically his kid.

So yeah, it's never completely impossible. Plus, with that necessity you will both be 100% sure you want. nobody willingly goes through that for the hell of it.

What Girls Said 39

• No way! If he's my husband, he's the love of my life. I'm not gonna leave the love of my life just because of that. We can just adopt instead.

• To have and to hold for better, for worse. Even if we did want kids and he couldn't, I would remember the vows we took and think about how upset the situation would make him; I think he would feel less of a man and I would see it as my duty and privilege to stand by him rebuild his confidence.

We would discuss other options like adoption and if he didn't want to discuss them I would respect his wishes and remember I married him because I love him and not because of his ability to reproduce.

• If my husband couldn't have kids... that'd be awesome.

• Why you don't want children?

• I'll stay separated thank you very much. 😊✨

• @PSIHEPA that's cool I guess. I don't really care about your prefrence to be honest. You're probably from the south.

• I wouldn't leave him but if he with-held that sort of information with me until after we got married then I would be more than upset.

• No, of course not...
    It would just be the two of us, a cozy and comfy couple, adopting a little dog or a pussy Cat, for this would be where God would put us At.
    Good luck. xx

• No but I would consider getting donor sperm, I want to experience pregnancy and birth and raise a kid who is at least mine

• no !!! i don't think its a reason to leave "the one"... we would still consider adoption or sperm banks

• Fuck I clicked yes by accident. The first poll answer tends to be "Yes" and the second "No", but yours is reversed, so I instantly went for the second out of habit. :(

I wouldn't leave him. In fact I don't want kids so that's actually pretty great. And even if I wanted kids we could still adopt. No worries, no big deal.

• No. When you marry someone you love them through thick and thin, sickness and in health.
    Yes I want kids of my own, but if i'm married to someone I would imagine its because I love them and want to spend the rest of my life with them. So no I wouldn't leave him. Adoption is an option

• Hell naw. If I loved the man, then, him being sterile isn't a good enough reason for me to leave him. That could be solved by multiple ways anyway.

• No way!

I am not going to leave a good man for that.

I would only leave if he cheats, gambles nonstop, drinks, smokes nonstop, starts to treat me bad because of that, etc. In short, I will leave him if he becomes really bad and is harmful to me.

Otherwise, no

Babies are a blessing.

I think that it is not guaranteed that everyone will get a baby.

• It would be the love that came first, not a baby. So, no. Besides there's lots of ways to still get pregnant or get a baby.

• but what if he was against you having other men fertilize your egg? I know weird question.

• No he wants to adopt but he doesn't want someone else's semen in you.

• Well now he sounds too immature for me to have fallen for in the first place.

• Of course not. I made vows to him, vows that I wanted to make. Those promises are important to me. Furthermore, I love him more than anyone else on the earth. I would hope that he would be okay with adoption, because I do want kids. But, before we got married I'm sure we already discussed that in the event that we can't naturally produce kids, we would adopt.

• I want to adopt, so HELL NO, it would be better if he can't have kids, I don't want to go through pregnancy

• NO I wouldn't EVER

• I personally would not leave my husband if he could not reproduce. There are many other ways to get a child, through adoption of sperm donations. Love is suppose to be where you support that person no matter what.

• Lol. No. :)

• We'd just adopt, or find a donor.

• No, I wouldn't! If I'm getting married one day, it's because I love him not because I want to have a kid. well, a kid is a plus, but if it's just the two of us it's fine.

• if he treats me with respect and physical affection and is loyal no I couldn't leave him
    I will make sure he knows It's okay that i still deeply want him

• No. I'll get a dog.

• I would be extremely happy if my boyfriend couldn't have children, I never want them.

• I agree with @SarahsSummer you could try fertility drugs, artificial insemination or simply adopt.

• No!! We could adopt, leaving someone bc they're infertile is just stupid.

• That would be awesome, I don't want kids ever, best husband ever

• I don't want them either so... THAT'S GREAT lol. Best husband ever haha

• no. we'll just adopt

• I don't want bio kids so I'd be ok with it. We would adopt though

• No. If anything, that would preferable. No worries of getting pregnant. I don't want kids anyway.

• I'd actually be really happy with that.

• More from Girls
    9

What Guys Said 7

• women dont even want children anymore... they think its too much work and can't handle raising a child so the answer is NO
    most women would be relieved about that

• I love it how women under the age of 30 claim to not want kids. Yeah, nobody wants kids at that age. Let's see what you think in a few years down the road.

• I would be the luckiest man if my SO couldn't have kids; we both don't want them and I find other people's kids and babies annoying really. So yeah.. win win.

• I doubt they would. There's always adoption and some new interesting scientific alternatives.

• Go adopted there are tons of children who need healthy homes.

• pretty shitty thing to do..

• there are millions of kids out there that need parents, homes, love, adopt. adopt, even though i can have kids i still want to adopt =)