Why are people so ignorant of the full meaning of adultery?

According to the Bible if you marry someone who is divorced (obviously for a reason other than adultery or abuse, etc.) YOU are guilty of adultery too.

If you divorce and re-marry, YOU are guilty of adultery...

Updates:
Luke 16:18 "Anyone who divorces his wife and marries another woman commits adultery, and the man who marries a divorced woman commits adultery.

Matthew 5:32 "Anyone who divorces his wife and marries another woman commits adultery, and the man who marries a divorced woman commits adultery.
Oops.. Matthew 5:32 is But I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, makes her the victim of adultery, and anyone who marries a divorced woman commits adultery.

0|0
0|8

Most Helpful Guy

• Earthling I need evidence?

0|0
    0|0
    • Luke 16:18 "Anyone who divorces his wife and marries another woman commits adultery, and the man who marries a divorced woman commits adultery.

Matthew 5:32 "Anyone who divorces his wife and marries another woman commits adultery, and the man who marries a divorced woman commits adultery.

• Oops.. Matthew 5:32 is But I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, makes her the victim of adultery, and anyone who marries a divorced woman commits adultery.

• interesting...

What Girls Said 0

No girls shared opinions.

What Guys Said 7

• the stupidity of this post makes my head spin. you seriously believe if i re-marry then i'm committing adultery? gtfo.

0|3
    0|1
  • is the bible the dictator of word definitions? the entire world isn't Christian but the entire world does use word definitions as defined by the dictionary... adultery is voluntary sexual intercourse between a married person and a person who is not his or her spouse.

0|0
    0|1
  • Why do ignorant people assume everyone is obligated to live life to their bible.

0|0
    0|1
  • Because scripture is not necessarily the end all be all of God's revelation to man.

0|0
    0|2
  • So marriage was strictly religious right? I'm starting to question what gay marriage is then...

0|0
    0|0
  • DAFAUQ marrying a divorcee woman is adultery? U people have to stop playing with the bible u got a shit ton of bibles written by humans ur bible isn't what jesus gave u

0|0
    0|1
  • That only if you believe in the bible. We don't have to accept the bible definition of anything

0|0
    0|1