What is the ideal age for a man to get married?


1|0
7|13

Most Helpful Girl

  • I don't think there is an exact age. Some can already be ready in their early 20's (my older male cousin was when he was that age), others in their late to early 30's and some never want to get married.

    It's all about finding someone that has your same life goals whether that's getting married, starting a career, partying, etc.

    1|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 13

  • When he has a degree, a job , a good stable income and some savings to buy furniture and face a lay off. Mostly, that doesn't happen before he's 25.

    1|0
    0|0
  • For me, it's late 20's early 30's... enough to have my life (including financial) in order.

    1|1
    0|0
  • The age when he can earn. I think it is 16 for illiterate men and 25 for university graduates. No such thing as maturity. It comes with experience the one gives to his mistakes.

    1|0
    0|0
  • When I'm financially stable enough to raise a family. Preferably late twenties.

    1|0
    0|0
  • 28 years old.

    1|0
    0|0
  • I say 28-32

    1|0
    0|0
  • Never! Sorry, but marriage is a death sentence for any guy.

    1|1
    0|0
  • Depends from person to person! I'd like to marry somewhere around 26-27

    1|0
    0|0
  • 24 -28 when he is financially stable

    1|0
    0|0
  • I think 27-30

    1|0
    0|0
  • the ideal age for a man to get married is 14 years.

    0|0
    1|0
  • Given divorce rates... never.

    Cohabiting and children out of wedlock is the smarter way to go, if he wants a family.

    1|0
    2|0
    • Divorce rates reached their peak in the 1970s and 1980s and have been going down not up, and not holding steady ever since. Some 70 percent of peole who got married in the 1990s made it 15 whole years together, a 5 percent increase from the previous two decades. And nearly 75 percent of marriages from the last decade are going to make it to death.

      Cohabiting couples who have children are more than twice as likely to split up as those who had tied the knot beforehand. Only four of the 100 teenagers would have unmarried parents who are still together by the time they are 16.

    • @Goldie757
      And fewer people are marrying altogether, and men are increasingly less interested in it at all.

      And no, the divorce rate has increased to 50% of first marriages ending in divorce. Second and third marriages are even worse.

      Sorry, but marriage is a total crapshoot.

      And given that men end up paying 84% of child support and 97% of alimony, he'd do well, financially, never to marry.

      Since most relationships WILL fail, it's cheaper for a cohabiting relationship to fail rather than a marriage.

    • The 50% divorce rate is a myth. Also the divorce rate has been increasing since the early nineties.

      If you think marriage is not for you that's fine it's not for everyone.

  • 26 year 7 months 22 days 5 hours 7 minutes 54 seconds

    1|0
    1|0

What Girls Said 6

  • The best and most boring response is "when he is ready." Everyone is obviously very different in values, readiness, experience, and in luck of finding the person they would like to be with.

    But I would say it seems like that is typically late 20s to 30s when he is settled or close to being settled is the ideal age. It also depends on what the man wants in life. If starting a family is important to him, then ideally he would want to marry earlier if he found the right person. If he is focused on career and wants time to settle, the age may be later.

    1|0
    0|0
  • I'd say between 28 - 30 is ideal.

    1|0
    0|0
  • Whenever y'all have extra money to even go through with it.

    1|0
    0|0
  • 28 - 32 years old

    1|0
    0|1
  • 27-42
    *******

    1|0
    0|0
  • 30 years old

    1|0
    0|0
Loading...