A year and a half, too soon to talk about marriage?

I'm engaged, but everyone keeps telling me that I am too young and that it is too soon. I'm 20 and he's 23.

Also, what's your ideal age to get married and how long would you wait to get to the engagement?

Most Helpful Guy

• Well my parents got married when they were 18 and 21 respectively, but I think that was a bit too early, especially because their relation on the long term was completely dysfunctional, although at least me and my siblings were born which is neat.

Some people do get married around that age. If you guys do it right and you actually know that you are both compatible with one another in EVERY aspect, INCLUDING sexuality, and you're both sufficiently mature to not rip each other apart in any conflict with name-calling and nonsense, then sure, go ahead.

Most Helpful Girl

• For me, yes. I'd want to be together for at least 2-3 years and live together for a while too.

But if you're in love and realise what a HUGE commitment this is - 1.5 years isn't much compared to your whole life; and you both want the same things in life etc then there's no problem.

People are so quick to judge and compare to their own situations. You know what's right for yourself and your fiancé. There is no ideal age- just do what feels right.

What Guys Said 5

• Yeah unless you're a fuc*ing idiot

• How about you explain instead of being an asshole. 😀

• I just want you to know your elaboration was an excellent and redeemed your answer 😛😀

• Yay!! Thankyou:) goodluck

• It would be too early for me. I'd have to be with someone for at least 4 years before I even consider it. Testing their dedication is completely necessary nowadays lol

• It's never too soon to talk about it but don't think iti will happen soon.

• yes, a few weeks should be enough. otherwise, he's stringing you along.

• Na your fine

What Girls Said 4

• It depends on your religion. Many Muslims marry when they are 20 years old. If you are european or Asian, people expect you to marry much older than that, like 26 - 30.

• It's not too early to talk about it in my opinion. I was with my ex husband less than a year before we were married and we lasted 11 years. After a year of dating, you should be getting to that serious talk if you guys are on the same page and want the same things in life, including marriage.

• No it's not too soon. I think it's the right time.

• What is the question? Are you asking how soon it is to get married after you get engaged? It's very common for young couples to be engaged for a long time before they get married. Just because you are engaged doesn't mean you will get married.

• We set the date for December... We will be married this year :)

• Ok I don't know what you are asking but you did not put that in your details.