Why do married people always tell me not to get married?

It's always guys who say it too. There was this guy i'm talking to who has this gorgeous wife who seems really sweet, yet she calls him on the phone asking him stuff and he tells me don't ever get married. haha.

Most Helpful Girl

• Because some married people find it easier to tell people to not get married once they do get married
    Divorced people always have something negative to say about marriage and they try to ruin it for the people who want to get married just because their relationship failed

Most Helpful Guy

• Because of divorce, bro.

Don't fucking get married. Stay with a girl for life if you want, knock her up and live with her. But don't marry her.

• Can't you just make her think you're going to marry her for like 5 years or so?

• If that's your thing. Personally, I don't mind having kids. And it's such a hassle to replace a girl -- disrupts my daily routine.

What Girls Said 3

• are u trying to make ur fellow men look like idiots?
    #generalisation256 pretty sure this is just some weird thing happening in ur social circle.

• I think he's joking. If you keep a girl as ur girlfriend instead as a wife she's still going to bug you in the same ways even, ecspecially if you live together. My boyfriend feels like a boyfriend, fiancĂ©, and husband. And he agrees. In my opinion, never have kids 😂😂😂!

• I get that a lot too! from married cousins and friends...
    I think it's just a saying... if they weren't married, they probably wish they were...
    people like to be miserable. s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...af2e762bb9.jpg they just don't like to accept it.. so they pretend to complain.

What Guys Said 5

• Marriage is turning into a beneficial agreement rather than a commitment. If the guy you were talking to was just in a relationship, I guarantee he would be acting differently because the absolute worst that can happen is her leaving with and that's it. Getting a divorce from what I've heard is financially devastating for the guy.

• Most men that say this say this because of divorce.

• Because you could be trapped in a deteriorating relationship, in which the only way out that doesn't involve your death instead involves her taking half of everything you own.

• Just because a woman is gorgeous, doesn't mean she's not incredibly annoying.

Actually, her looks may guarantee that she is lol.

• The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence. Single people want to be in relationships, and people in relationships want to be single. The right answer is to choose the right person and maintain the relationship properly. People who are miserable in their relationships get one or both of those things wrong.