How would you feel if your fiance asked for a prenup?

I hear many women would be mad.

• I am a woman or woman and I would think it means he intends to divorce me later on in life
  • I am a man or woman and I think it means you want to be safe

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• No problem. You have to remember that when many marriages do fail it becomes very ugly and there can be a lot of hate and anger towards each other. Each partner wants to do as much damage to the other as possible to feel vindicated. Many divorce lawyers also want to maximize moneys awarded for their own commission and brainwash clients into hating their former spouse more than they actually do. Prenups only fairly protect assets a spouse had no legal right to in the first place.

What Girls Said 7

• lol i'd definitely sign one. Hell, if he doesn't ask, then I definitely would. I'm not willing to run the risk of hitting the lottery then having a falling out and a nasty divorce with my guy, and having to split my millions with a person I now despise.

• It's perfectly fine.

Honestly with all the sexist laws and courts, I fully understand. Actually, NOT getting a prenup would be foolish in today's society, unless you had very little to begin with.

Too bad a prenup can be thrown out by the judge for literally any reason. A prenup doesn't really protect you.

• I'd be fine with that. LOL at people who believe it's a death knell for the relationship. It's not.

• If it's what he wants, I'd agree with it. It doesn't mean he intends to divorce me. He's just protecting himself in case it does happen. Marriage isn't forever, you never know what might happen down the road.

• I would prefer signing one honestly.

• i'd be fine with it. i'd want the same thing, honestly.

• man the answer i am a woman or woman

• i plan on getting a prenup its the only way to be safe a divorce can ruin your life

What Guys Said 5

• I would sign it, and I'd want them to sign it too. They're not getting half my stuff, no way.

• I think it's completely reasonable. We should always keep an eye on our assets.

• I would understand, but I would probably be the one asking

• If she says no, well... no marriage.

• Better safe than sorry.