I am not talking abot what you think the legal age should be.
Speaking in generalities within what YOU perceive to be the American culture right now.
I've always liked my fathers justification for it:
You should be about 25 before you get married. By then you are often firmly in your career with a good cash flow and there is less upheavel in your life.
(The most common strain on a marriage is aways money)
- at least 1812% (2)0% (0)6% (2)Vote
- at least 2118% (3)14% (2)16% (5)Vote
- at least 2547% (8)43% (6)45% (14)Vote
- at least 306% (1)29% (4)16% (5)Vote
- It doesn't matter as long as they love each other17% (3)14% (2)17% (5)Vote
Most Helpful Guy
Statistically and biologically, the answer is at least 25 as that's when the brain is done fully developing and the line at which marriages beginning after that age have a drastically higher chance of success.1