What's the purpose of marriages/relationships?

I can't find a single reason why people marry or get involved in relationships or whatever.. It's so..

Most Helpful Guy

• Marriages and relationships are formed on the basis of emotions, not logic. They satisfy emotional needs. If you are looking for logic, you might as well be foraging for food inside the Arctic Circle.

Most Helpful Girl

• (Marriage) completes half religion and I really like the concept.

The more I read about it, the more I am awed by it.❤❤😊

What Guys Said 8

• Ok ok...
    There's a difference between marriage and relationship
    Marriage is a responsibility
    Relationship is just a type of enjoyment but could work in future if both are comfortable and pair with each other nicely...😔
    Don't you need a guy who loves you 😶?

• Same thing, you get involved with the opposite sex.. And for what?

• Yeah and I hate white knights :P
      I can take care of myself perfectly well. I don't need a man or a relationship.. Or any other such nonsense.

• Oh 😶
      Ok I respect your thoughts but everyone needs a partner 💐

• It must be love! love! love! (duh duh) all for the BEAUTIFUL emotion of love, it the one of the most spectacular things our race has to offer, when we love another person SO MUCH that we choose to bind ourselves to each other for life because we love each other so much! the BEAUTY of love, its... its just brilliant...

• Who says love even exists?

• we do, essentially its all in our heads, but there is something more to it, because it's not technically natural for feelings to drive people to stay together, there's something else, but i don't know quite enough about it to tell you what it is.

• Companionship. Love. Intimacy. Just to name a few.

• Sex and companionship.

• Ahh, if people wanna spend more time with their SO, and want more happiness and fulfillment from their relationship, then they get married!

• Spend and share more time and things with the person you love , have kids who could be your legacy in this world

• Marriages are a ethical way to let everyone know that you are taken.
    You know otherwise people would get confused if they can have sexual relations or not with someone.
    Kind of a no go area for other bachelors.

• Marriage is the real deal, the ultimate symbol of commitment. Being in a relationship is part of human nature.

What Girls Said 2

• There is no purpose. It's a social construct, human invention. It wouldn't exist without us. As one person said, it is based entirely on emotion: love.

• its a very natural thing to crave the opposite sex but society works best if people are married