Viva Las Vegas Weddings: Would you ever get married in Vegas?

Whenever I watch something where a couple goes to Vegas to elope and or have a quick wedding, I think how funny Vegas weddings are. There's an Elvis impersonator marrying you in a chapel with cheap plastic wedding decorations and some random person playing wedding songs on the piano, it's kind of funny. That's not to say I'm mocking anyone who marries in Vegas, I just think the way the weddings go down are mildly comical.

Anyway, I personally wouldn't get married Vegas style. I'm not a big fancy wedding person but, getting married by Elvis wouldn't really be a dream of mine either lol.

What about you, would you get hitched in Vegas?

Most Helpful Guy

• I have no problem with a Vegas wedding. Although this question might refer to a specific stereotype Vegas wedding.

I've only known one couple who married there (but it was Reno, not Vegas). I'm not sure when that was, but they are still married and their oldest child is in college now. They eloped and woke the guy up in the middle of the night to perform the wedding. It was at one of those tiny chapels that you see along the road. The guy lived there. He answered the door wearing a robe. He got dressed, performed the ceremony and did the paperwork. He went back to bed, and my friends went on their way as a married couple.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yea, I've witnessed one, the pics are hysterical, the woman that married my military friends stood about 4'0" tall had about a gallon and a half of makeup on and a bright red wig lookin like bozo the clown... The best man mooned the photographer in the "chapel" after the "ceremony" soooo... not exactly taken as serious business! ... Lol~To each their own I guess

What Guys Said 9

• Never in a million years. I think getting married is far too serious to be handled in that fashion.

• No but I'll be there next week. I'll try to dodge the wedding chapels ones again unless I get too many drinks. :-p

• That's an excuse for cheap.

• No. I don't want to get married (it's useless and a waste of time if you're not religious and it only causes problems if you ever want to break up), but if I would it'd be in the backyard with five close friends or something, I'd just get sick at a big fancy wedding.

• the kind of girl id like would be down for a vegas wedding

• That presupposes that I would be stupid enough to get married, much less be stupid enough to marry in Vegas.

• Fuck ya go to Mcdonald I'll have big mac and a coke then they ask if you want fries with that you say I do and your ready to hit up the drive threw wedding chaple

• Myself i could never do it cause it takes lot money plus having disabilities i can't afford it no use of me to lie but it is a great idea for a wedding. I just wouldn't want a girl to have to deal with lot expenses, i most likely would have to pay her back for it

• I got married at the Bellagio. It was very classy and much less than a traditional wedding.

What Girls Said 1

• Nah I wouldn't. Not my style