Is there really a point in getting married?

Think about it... what are the points?

Most Helpful Girl

• Totally with authentic here. Apart from legalities and formalities like getting to wear a pretty dress and have a honeymoon and getting discounts on insurance and stuff, it's really just to cement your commitment to eachother. If you don't think there's a point to being married, then why should you? Do what you want. If you feel you don't want that commitment, or that you can have it without the legal statement, then that's fine. It's about what works for the individual. Personally I think that if you're going to get married, it should be a final conformation that you want to be together because you're attracted to eachother, you get along, you care about each other and you want to build your lives together. A lot of people see marriage as the actual commitment, that if you get married you're going to stay together forever... I don't. I see marriage as the confirmation. If you're going to stay together, you might want to get married. Just to celebrate it and shout it out to the world.

What Guys Said 1

• ...lol...have to say I love the well thought of answers from the girls.

To me, marriage is a public label to the effect of "no trepassers"/"third party get out of sight". It only has value if the sign is respected, by others as well as those who stick it up and use it.

What Girls Said 3

• You get free gifts from whoever attends your wedding, you get tax write offs, you get to brag to your single friends about it, You have one of the funnest days of your life,There are certain things you get discounts on for being married(like insurance),It's a promise that your never gonna break-up (hopefully not), you have a very happy memory stored in your brain even if the rest of your life is sad. Many many reasons.

• split the bills, that's about it.

• Stuppid question.