Ladies, whether you are single or married, do you want to marry a guy based on "who he is" or "what he can do"?

This is opened to interpretation but try to give some context if possible.

6

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes.

I've only had 1 other relationship. My first relationship was typical first love. Everything we did was passion fuelled and even later on it was still that teenage relationship. We were going to be together until the end of the world blah blah blah blah blah.

I'm in a new relationship now. Now I won't lie, at first I was very cautious due to personal reasons and my past. But when I got closer to him and let him into my life I became so happy with him. He's my rock. He's pulled me out of things and stood by me with so many things and I love to make him happy and smile. He's not the most rich or most successful but he tries hard and always betters himself. He looks after me and loves the things I love because I love them. I did not get with him for his looks, I'm with him for his personality. His looks I grew to love. But honestly, he is the person I want to marry. He's the other half to me.

What Girls Said 5

• I'm dating, so not single or married.
    Why do I want to get married at all, hopefully one day with my boyfriend?

Combination of the reasons you gave. Partially because of who he is. We're compatible, get along well most of the time. He has many traits I respect and bring out the best in me as well, so of course I'd like to keep him in my life.

In addition to what he can do, which is more in terms of how his skills and future career would be good together with mine. He's hard-working and it's important to him to be financially secure. Though maybe to a lesser degree, I realize that's important for the future as well. So I just think that together, with both of our incomes in addition to the emotional support and sexual things, we'd be a pretty good pairing.
    :)

• Both, but mostly who he is... What he CAN do and what he will do or what he wants to do are different things. I prefer someone that just does, not someone who can do, bug doesn't...

• Based on who he is. Because if I know who he is, then it's easier to know where the relationship will go. Vs. What he "can" do, leaves so many questions and open doors. I don't want a guy who makes half hearted promises about what he can and will do for me. I wanna see it, I want him to emulate it, as if it were part of him. Because of who he is.

• Based on who he is.

When you said what he can do, I got the image that he is not doing much but he has the ability to do more than he realizes.

• Both.

Who he is on the inside is so important but so is what he can do with his life I have big goals and I want someone who also does :)