Is a having a wedding actually worth it?

No, I'm not asking about whether or not you should marry someone, that's up to you and your life choices, but do you think spending X-thousands of dollars on 4-8 hours is actually worth it whether you've attended a wedding or hosted one?

Most Helpful Guy

• I think it's worth it, but not worth going into debt if you can't afford it. And I'm for paying for your own wedding so that the inlaws have no say, when there is a disagreement

What Guys Said 2

• That ending had me cracking up.

• A modest, affordable wedding can be nice, a great opportunity to bring family together, and give you some great photographs and memories that you will cherish years later. The big blowout weddings don't make any sense to me.

What Girls Said 5

• A big part of getting married is promising to be with the other person for as long as you/they live. The people at the wedding witness this promise and hopefully respect and honour it.
    To say in front of your family and friends and the law that you will be committed to the person carries a lot more weight and than just saying you will.

Weddings are part of our culture and are very significant to Christians who believe that marriage was made by God and is a relfection of Jesus and the church (yes it sounds weird but its not dirty. Its an image to reflect the self-sacrificial and commited love of Jesus for the people who chose to accept him).

Its annoying all the costs people slap onto anything relating to weddings but one can attempt to keep the costs down...

• This is why I specified. I'm not arguing about marriage itself, just the wedding industries/cost for ceremony. Was or is that aspect worth it..

• Big weddings are fun but I really like the simple one.

It depends.

For me, not as much since I have read more about simple weddings.

• i've seen this ad round here before and i still think having a wedding is worth it. it's 1 day in the life. why not?

• It's like my momma saids,"It don't take all that just to legally have sex."
    I'm doing a courthouse wedding myself, or at least have it in my small church.

• Honestly, I never wanted a wedding. I'm still undecided on marriage, but if I did get married I would just go to the courthouse. I would save the money I would put towards the wedding and my husband and I would go on a trip... maybe more if we saved a lot!