Does the maid of honor and and bridesmaids in a wedding always have to be girls?

95% of my friends are male, and I would rather some of them take the place of what would typically be a female part in a wedding?

Most Helpful Girl

• There are no rules you can do what you want. It would be fun to have them wear dresses! What a wedding that would be.

What Guys Said 3

• It is a tradition but no, there are no real rules why it should be. Hell the first person in line to be my best man is a woman.

• Your wedding should be whatever you and your significant other want it to be. It's a celebration of you two and your affection for one another, and you are inviting others to celebrate it with you. I'd say this is fair game.

• Your wedding should be what you want... don't let traditional weddings get in the way of who your friends are!

What Girls Said 1

• how about they make their own ceremony ideas?