If your wife told you she wanted to be a stay home mom for a year would you let her?

• Yes
  • No
  • Other

Most Helpful Guy

• If it's what they want you have to respect that, and you would have to make it work. Keeping your family happy is the most important thing, and it's not as if it will largely affect whether you can afford to live. You just might have to make a few changes.

Most Helpful Girl

• I would love to be a stay at home mom if we're able. I don't like the idea of paying someone else to spend more time with my kids than I do. I want to be present and involved with my kids. :)

• I agree I feel like I don't want to be a workaholic while my kids need my love and attention I hate how my mom is always at work now and I don't want that for my kids that much.

What Guys Said 13

• Depends on exact income situations. But if she can work-from-home somehow, that's even better. And if I get too preoccupied with whatever nonsense the day brought on and nearly forget something important at home, she can remind me. While still feeling like more than just a glorified maid. That's one complaint my mom often makes, and I want to make sure I don't repeat my dad's mistakes if I ever get married.

• If my income alone was enough for both of us, then I'd have no issues. If not, then I'd try to reason with her to work, but wouldn't force her.

• if we had savings or the money set aside so it wouldn't hurt us, yeah I would be fine with it... heck my wife is taking 6months off for maternity leave

• That would really strange because I don't actually have any kids... But I can understand a person wanting to spend time as a home maker.

• I meant if you had kids

• Yeah, I got you. I don't have any reason to object. Hell if we had kids one of us should probably stay at home.

• if i could provide for her and my child yes, i would
    i think its good for a child's development to have their mom there in infancy

• Its up to her, as long as I can provide I would like it in fact... means my kids are going to have fun.

• I do alright, so I would be fine with her staying home, however, I would not agree to it, if she became a slouch. I would expect her to keep busy and also keep my kids busy.

• I suppose it would depend on a number of things such as economic situations.

• I wouldn't care if our situation can allow her to. Coming home to a hot meal is sexy as hell to me

• She will have to cook and clean of course.

• She better have married rich then

• My mom worked for a while wile my dad stayed at home. She's a feminist. It was only later on when he got the high paying job, and she started working from the house. They both still currently work, but, are retiring soon

• 0|0
    • K but if I feel like I want to be with my children and my husband can support without me and its not like I'm sitting there doing nothing. I would clean the house, cook and take care of my children so your choice. But don't call me lazy just because I want to be closer to my future children and considering this.

What Girls Said 3

• The boyfriend said that if I wanted to and we could afford to do it, then he'd have no problem with it.

• I am a SAHM. It takes planning and budgeting, but it can be done. :)

• If I had a wife and she wanted to stay home to look after our no doubt adopted children, all power to her. Maternity leave is standard in Canada.

• Hey WOOO I'M IN Canada TOO