It sounds like a good thing to be married to one person who you'll share memories/moments with for the rest of your life, but:
1. Doesn't it get boring? The same kisses, sex, routine, etc. for years.
2. Anyone ever tried "hall passes"?
3. How do you make marriage fun again after X number of years together?
4. What about threesomes? For the couples who've tried it, has your partner contacted the third person again and again? How does your partner act afterwards?
* For people who have open-marriages, why did you chose it over traditional marriage? Do you get jealous most of the time? Do you meet with the person your spouse is going to be with?
Also, open marriage is just having sex with another person, right?
Most Helpful Guy
If you are married to the wrong person, marriage can be as bad as everything that you have heard. But, if you are in a successful marriage, your partner wants to please you and you want to please her. You get to know each other almost as well as you know yourself. You know what works and what doesn't work and you can maximize each other's pleasure. People make a fuss about variety but there are a few simple truths.
1. There are only so many different ways that you can make you partner have an orgasm.
2. There is nothing that you can do with a variety of partners, one at a time, that you cannot also do with having just one partner over that same time span.
3. When you get older, you know what you like and what works. If you really like having a prostate massage while your wife gives you oral sex (or whatever it is that floats your boat,) then you will enjoy having it done almost every weekend and you won't complain about it being boring. (How many times have you had a pepperoni pizza? Do you complain now if someone offers you a free pepperoni pizza?)
4. Being with someone who knows you well, you knows your moods and how to treat you when you have had a bad day, who knows what to avoid saying, who knows what your favorite meal is and prepares it without asking, Who knows exactly what to say and when to say it. . . all of that beats the hell out of variety.3
Most Helpful Girl
Getting married young we actually considered the question of being satisfied with each other for the long run. The thing that really answered it for us is the fact that neither of us has ever dated or really ever been interested in anyone else other than an immature crush or two. The other thing we feel we had going for us is that we have been close, best friends, BFF's for now over thirteen years and our relationship married or not just keeps getting closer! We are also very committed to making our marriage last a lifetime. We feel that the key to our marriage is a deep committed love with a long lasting friendship with many mutual interests pursued alongside our marriage.
As far, as a threesome, I'd rather throw myself on a grenade, it would be about as destructive to our relationship!0