Do you want a wife who is a good cook?

• Yes
  • No
  • I don't care

Most Helpful Guy

• Not necessarily... I am a damn good cook, and I love being in the kitchen making things for my girl and friends.

• Thanks for the MHG, This weekend it is grilled asparagus and cold smoke cheddar cheeses wrapped in slow smoked maple candied salmon with a side of mandarin salad. I caught the salmon in September :) Looking forward to it!

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 44

• sure why not, we can both make good food together.

• Nah. I'm a great cook, myself. As long as I don't have to do ALL of it, I'm totally fine doing most of the cooking.

• Yeah like maybe she is the assistant cook cutting things up? I like to take turns cooking meals together with one person taking the lead and the other helping.

• Hell yeah. Cooking is fun, and I've always had a thing for "having fun" in the kitchen.

• I don't think it's a requirement, and all the men in my family are good cooks so I can cook as long as she likes the same type of food.

Would be a nice bonus, though.

• I care about more important thing like love, compatibility, kindness, etc. if she is a good cook, great. But I'm not going to limit my options by adding "good cook" to my list of requirements. Especially since i can cook for myself anyway. Good women are hard to find the way it is.

• I'm a good cook myself, but I would like a girl that is a good cook too, it's more about what it says about her than about her making food for me.

• That would be ideal but finding a women who can actually cook in today's world is surprisingly hard. If not it's not big deal teaching her is easy enough besides it really is just common sense to know how to cook and fend for yourself and it's much cheaper and healthier then having takeout all the time.

• This is the same way I feel about guys that don't cook. No, it's not a requirement, but if he and I both don't cook, what are we eating? We'd have to spend a lot of income on going out all the time. My mother raised both my brother and I to cook for ourselves starting at age 10 for the reason you mentioned, to be able to fend for ourselves. The amount of shocked faces on the men I've dated, that they actually know a woman who can cook is a real thing, lol. One guy even jokingly proposed marriage on the first date when he found out I like to cook.

• @BeeNee exactly it's good for both to know how to cook it's cheaper, healthier and a good life skill.

• While that would be great, it's not mandatory for me. But I DO want my wife to have at least SOME skill in cooking, if not to feed me then at least to be able to feed herself.

• I don't want a wife in the first place!!.

• I don't require ut but it would definitely be a bonus.

• I like to cook too

• It's a valuable skill, I can cook myself so It's not necessarily important to me.
    It'd just be cool!

• She only needs to know how to cook healthy things because all I know how to cook is shit food like bacon (damn good, I might add,) burgers, fries, and fucking diabeetus.

• I am a good cook, if she is too then we can cook together, if she isn't then there is still me ;)
    I don't really care.

• No I want one who's fucking terrible at cooking.

?

• If her food isn't horrible I don't mind. But I'm not in a position to say anything about it since I don't know how to cook, so if she cooks I should be thankful already.

• Yes, it would be nice to eat tasty food from her

• What and let her out of her cage and use my beautiful kitchen.

• My girlfriend and I are both wonderful cooks.

• I can cook as it is, I don't need a wife who can cook. I'd rather she have a skill like say... being able to make lots of money so I don't have to work. I'd happily be a house wife in that case.

• We will teach each other and help in cooking

• I'm a really good cook, so it doesn't matter to me

• She NEEDS to know how to cook.

• I don't care. I'd like to be independent or at least being capable of independence.

• That would be cool, yes. I'm not that good of a cook myself.

• It definitely helps :D

• I was to get married yes , I'm shit at cooking

• If she can't, she gonna leave her lion king starve to death D=

• I'm easy to satisfy when it comes to food so it doesn'ttater to me.

• I'd rather be a good cook myself (I still have to work on that), and cooking is a trait I appreciate in a woman, but it isn't high in my list, there are things way more important than that, like being honest and not moody.

• More from Guys
    14

What Girls Said 12

• It would be nice, but I don't think that's gonna happen since I'm already in a relationship and his cooking skills are... well, lets just leave it at that, lol.

I'm the master chef in this relationship and I don't mind cooking for us. But he can make a decent English breakfast, so he'll surprise me every now and then with breakfast in bed, which is super nice. :)

• I voted yes. I would want a husband who is a good cook. Most people would want a spouse who can cook well because who doesn't love food! Plus it's less expensive than eating out. I'm curious what made you ask this?

• It is NOT always less expensive than eating out but it is more enjoyable. There is nothing better than enjoying a meal your loved on cooked or you cooked for them.

I asked because the guy I'm dating really wants a woman who cooks and a career woman. I have always cooked occasionally but now that I have someone to cook for I do more often and the food actually tastes better. Love really does go into food. I made a dish last week that I have made dozens of times and grew up eating. It finally only tasted as good as my Mon's when I made it for him. And I've made it for other guys before.

• You asked this question so that you could here people say over and over how appealing your trait is?

• That's really arrogant.

• Voted yes! It is so much fun to cook for my wifey, but it would be a lot more fun to cook with her.

• I expect him to cook for me (my boyfriend can cook)
    And I will cook for him.

Give and take.

I wouldn't expect something of him that I couldn't give.

Haha, but I also wouldn't expect one to let the other starve if one couldn't cook.

• It depends what you mean by good cook. If a guy can put together a simple meal of noodles, tomatoes and egg, vegeteble oil and add salt to it - I will consider him to be a very good cook because that is what I like to eat.

• I wouldn't mind if they couldn't cook but if a partner who was a good cook could probably teach me how to cook some tasty dishes so that would be awesome 👍

• If I'm going to have a wife, she might as well be a good cook. I am also a good cook. I like eating.

• Yess.

I took screenshots of bunch of recipes but I need someone to help me cook.

• I can cook and bake so I don't care lol

• that would be nice

• Yes ı wants a cooker

• A husband yeah. I want us to always cook together.