Will Catholic Churches perform marriages for people who are divorced? or who the Priest knows is co-habitating/having pre-marital sex?

Most Helpful Girl

• You know, I don't know. I never really thought about it, but when my friend was engaged, she told me she was having a really hard time finding a priest to marry them since she and her boyfriend lived together.

• Why would she want a Priest to marry her? She doesn't care about serving God.

• Lol, well at least you're showing maturity about it. :P Good for you, pal. Next time, try not to act crazy when a person doesn't respond.

• better than you apparently meany

Most Helpful Guy

• A lot of them won't. If you are divorced, you would need to bring in proof of your annulment from the church in order to get married there

What Girls Said 1

• No idea about cohabitation, as I was living with my parents at the time, but I got married in the Catholic church and I know that they do ask. I think it varies by diocese.

As for divorces, yes, but you have to have an annulment approved by the church, and attend divorce pre-cana with your future spouse.

What Guys Said 0