Is it cheating to hang out with your ex girlfriend when you are married?

me and my ex have no kids, but enjoy hanging out and have common interests. we are good friends, but my wife is against us hanging out. why is she like this?

all we do is go to dinner, movies, hiking, playing video games at her house, and occasional hugs

Most Helpful Girl

• Cheating in what sense? If you start randomly hooking up with your ex then yes it's cheating (obviously) but you guys are hanging out? What's the big deal?

• I listed what we do in the update. is that cheating?

• and I have hugged my ex in front of my wife

• You're wife might think you are cheating on her. If she doesn't understand about the situation. You may need to reassure the wife a lot though. I thought maybe once or twice a month, but that seems awfully a lot to be hanging out and all. Especially with an ex of yours.

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, I would say it's not exactly cheating, but what you are doing is still wrong, it's wrong to do that when your wife clearly doesn't appreciate this. You need to speak with your wife on this one if you really want to continue hanging out with her on a regular basis, but I don't think your wife will be okay with this one. It's hard for a woman to be okay with her husband hanging out with his ex, it's just not possible for a woman (wife in your case) to accept that. To add to that, if you keep hanging out with your ex on a regular basis, your wife may start thinking or start developing fears that one day you may cheat on her.

Hence be careful.

What Girls Said 4

• It depends on the person, obviously. I'm more "territorial" so that would make me CRAZY, because it's someone you've shared previous intimacy with, and you do things that might seem "date like" if you weren't married. I would suggest trying to include your wife with some of these activities. It may help her to stop seeing the friend as a threat. That's what I asked my husband to do with the female friends that I feel uncomfortable with.

• It's fucking weird. If you know your WIFE wouldn't like it then obv it's not right if you're doing it behind her back

• Bc ur hanging out with someone u have been intimate with. Most girls don't really like that... It makes us uneasy. Why not make a new friend, why does it have to b her?

• If your wife is against it, and you are still doing it, yes it is.

What Guys Said 1

• If you don't tell your wife about it every time... you know you're doing something wrong!