Girlfriend has made it clear she expects very unrealistic expensive engagement ring and I have made it clear that I expect expensive engagement car?

• Fair. As a sign of her commitment
  • Unfair
  • Let her buy her own ring

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm planning on buying my own engagement ring (should I ever get engaged) because I want something very specific. I don't see why that's wrong.

• Its not. Buy your own or buy him/her a car or something of equal value to the ring they boight you.

• Lol "panda tears".

• I was hoping for frozen unicorn tears, but, oh well...

Most Helpful Guy

• First things first, make her sign a prenuptial agreement if you make more money than her. Secondly, if she expects an overly expensive right, you already know what type of woman she is: Gold digger. So, watch out.

• Not a gold digger just in a bubble where she's never had to work for anything and life is just handed to her on an ivory plate.

• That's a gold digger in denial. She'll probably take you for granted as well in your marriage.

• Why would you want to marry a woman who knows nothing about the world?

What Girls Said 10

• TBH, she shouldn't be expecting anything from you. If she really loves you than the ring is an afterthought. I would be thrilled if my boyfriend wanted to marry me (if I even had a boyfriend I would be thrilled). There's nothing wrong with hoping for a nice ring. But demanding a really expensive ring, well good luck with her!

• Let her buy her own ring... How much did you have in mind? Tell her you are willing to pay X $ for an engagement ring and if she wants something more expensive she should pay the rest. I think that's fair.

• £20000 for the one she wants.

• Wow... That's a lot. Well, maybe you should reconsider the marriage. She already knows you and knows how much you earn. If that's more than you can afford she is not going to make wise decisions in life...

• I can afford I just won't buy it. You get to be successful and wealthy by pissing away huge sums of money and I was born dirt poor.

• I hate when girls pick out engagement rings. They're always huge and obnoxious. The man should choose the engagement ring and size, the wife should buy the wedding band for the husband and any other engagement gift.

Simply put, don't marry a cheap greedy woman. Sounds like this potential marriage is already doomed before you're even engaged. Have a serious talk with her about it.

• What is "ridiculously expensive"?

• Fair, perhaps, not not a great start to a lifetime together.

• If I really loved someone they could hand me a plastic ring from a vending machine and I'd still say yes.

• Forget the ring and the car and just get some pizza.

• I think that both asking for a expensive ring or a car is unfair.

• Exactly in chess its called check

• How the hell can a ring cost that much? Can you two compromise and get a pool and patio for your house or go on a vacation of your lifetime or something you'd both enjoy?

• I like it. Finally a practical woman.

• Let her buy her own ring.

Especially if she is going unrealistic with it. But if she has the proper income, she could buy you a car. Either the ring or the car.

What Guys Said 10

• sounds like a marriage made in hell. have fun with that.

• Engagement gives you a preview of what it will be like to work together as a husband and wife. You have been warned.

• id dump her.

• It's a trap, that Death Star-Ring is still operational.

• I don't know... A Dodge Charger is a Piece of Shit... So an equivalent ring is probably a piece of shit as well...

• It's time to dump her

• She's obviously a materialistic bitch, break up with her immediately

• Women want to buy their own ring anyways am I right?

• With your money.

• of course... I'm willing to bet that so many women just bite their tongues though and act like they love the ring their fiance picked though lol

• Compromise

• So she's never had to work and she's already pouting if you don't drop that much on her.

And this is the honeymoon stage. If she's like this now, imagine in a few years if you have kids, her life is actually stressful and she's less head over heels for you.

Run like your ass is on fire.