It seems fucking stupid. Why would I ever want to have the risk of some woman taking half my shit?
Most Helpful Girl
Cutting out all of the spiritual stuff and tradition, and love. When you have decided that you would like to be with the same person for the rest of your life, and get a house, and maybe start a family, you want to protect that. Marriage gives you certain legal rights. If your other half becomes ill, or injured, boyfriend isn't a good enough title, by law, for the doctor to explain what's going on to you. Legally speaking, getting married, A) Makes sure you can sign crap for your kids, and do other legal stuff for them. B) Joins your fiscal responsibilities with your partner's, which, can lessen the amount of work you have to do yourself. C) The laws are basically written in a way that makes a married couple's life way easier when it comes to cosigning big purchases, and generally dealing with each other's legal stuff. On the emotional side of things, to marry someone is to decide you don't ever want to leave them. That legal piece of paper makes it harder to give up. If you're worried about some lady taking your stuff, sign a pre-nup. Even if you really should be able to trust her not to take your stuff, it's just the smart thing to do. That is the point of marriage, beyond all the emotional, "Forever," stuff.0
Most Helpful Guy
Prenup dude. No risk. Here's a list of my reasons
1. Married people despite the running joke actually have more sex. That's scientific fact. If I had the sources i'd give it
2. If I'm choking at home having a family increases the likelihood of not dying
3. Babies are huge money pits that are just too adorable to resist. They're like puppies that slowly learn to talk and take care of them self
4. You never have to worry about finding a date to an event ever again.
5. I honestly need someone to yell at me to get my shit together sometimes.
6. Kids if you raise em right are an excellent retirement plan lol jk... but not really
7. Girls are nice to look at. And staring at your wife isn't creepy
8. Women and children give me the perfect excuse to watch lifetime and Cartoon Network. I just feel wrong going to Disney movies and chick flux by myself but deep down I love that stuff
9. I want a tree house. Again I need an excuse
10. I need a back up brain for those days I forget to do stuff like get groceries or go to the dentists
11. I like dressing nice. I can look super fashionable and just blame it on my wife
12. Having someone to snuggle means saving money on air conditioning
13. Sex eventually gets boring. Which means you'll have to get kinky to spice things up! MILF status!
14. It's nice having someone willing to spend the night at the hospital for you
15. Sometimes i think best when I have another person to bounce ideas off of
16. Having someone that relies on me is usually a good motivational push for when I'm just not feeling like adulting
17. I can cook so if she can cook too I'll probably keep my body healthy much longer
18. I need someone to laugh at my jokes so I don't feel insane when I laugh at myself
19. She can check for cancerous moles on my back
20. Tandem Halloween costumes!
21. Travel Buddies! Reduces the risk of getting kidnapped over seas.
22. It's a good deterrent from ending up in prison...
23. Cookies. I don't understand why but I just for the life of me can not bake. I need cookies. And nothing's better than homemade cookies
24. Permenant live in target for pranks
25. Girls usually have good handwriting and I literally know 5 year olds that write better than me. I need someone to write on Christmas cards and thank you letters and stuff for me. Desperately. This is really the main reason. But anyway that's 25 I think that's enough reasons.1