How often should married couples have sex?

Me and my husband have been married for 3 years. We're having our first child in February. This is the first time we had sex since we been married. My aunt and uncle have been married a long time they have 2 kids they still do it every night. My husband works for them which is why we love with them he has a very busy job I hardly ever see him except at night or in the morning. Sometimes in the afternoon. Its also why we haven't done it for 3 years. How often should we do it?

Most Helpful Girl

• I am not married, but have a child of three and have been liveing togeather for four years. We have sex once or twice a month. I blame this mainly on my lack of sex drive after haveing a child. I think a healthy relationship requiers at least once a month and anything above that is personaly prefrence. The woman is natraly on heat once a month, normaly one week after her period. So this is the reason for me answer. But answering honestly, once a month is not enough really, I still feel like I want more just dont have the time or energy for it after the baby.

Good luck and congrats on the pregnancy! x

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm an Arab guy, have 3 wives, own a hardware shop, a car parts shop and a gas station. If busy then I'm also a busy person as I am at all my shops every day.

Sex, once or twice per week with each is what I aim for as I have to be fair and treat all 3 of them equally.

It could not be possible if work is the only reason you are not having sex more often. Perhaps you might want to communicate with your husband more about this matter.

What Girls Said 4

• Maybe he's kind of asexual. If you're ok with it, why not? As long as you're both happy and it's what you want, who cares what we think? There is no "supposed to" here. It's your relationship

I would divorce his ass in first few weeks for this. But you are not me. You don't have my sex drive. And if you're fine with your husband, all is well.

• Hm.. I lost my attraction to him quickly after we married. Idealy for my next marriage probably 3 times a day. Lol

• I think 3 times a week is the statistical average - perhaps less with small children, perhaps more before and after them. If you two have a hard time finding time to be alone together, though, that makes it difficult. If you want more intimacy (sexual and otherwise) trying to plan time to spend together is key.

• Once a week is generally the standard amount. At least that's someone I know and they're married almost 50 years. I think most couples is possibly twice a month it's important to keep one night a week for yourselves. A date night. When I was married it was 3 to 4 times a week then once a month because of depression.

What Guys Said 5

• Whoa! You got married and did not have sex for three years. Why on earth did you get married? It does not sound like there is any attraction there.

• I think most couples your age would be making love at least 3 times per week. However, there is no right or wrong answer here. It depends on your sex drive and his sex drive and finding what is comfortable for you.

• As much as both of you want. If one of you is sexually unsatisfied, and the other views sex as a chore, then you obviously aren't compatible.

• Have you or him talked about it?

• This is going to sound quite rude, but it really depends how attractive the woman is. Also the sex drive of the man is a huge factor. I'm not happy when I don't have sex at least 3x a week and I'm not married.