Are your parents married or not?

Just wanted to see how many nowadays are married or not

• Married
  • Divorced
  • Widowed
  • Never married to begin with

Most Helpful Guy

• My father was a widower when he married my mother. Later my mom became his widow.

• May both rest in peace.

• @Asker... Question? You say your father abandoned your mom. Do you have trouble believing in men? Do you also doubt real and lasting love exists? Imhave dated girls from broken homes where the father serusly let down his family and the girls from tnose situations were always terribly wounded and the relationships ended painfully. I feel they could npt accept love in their life. Since then one of the first things I try to learn about a girl is how she feels about her father. If she comes from a divorced family and dislikes her father I am very weary to date her and ot doesn't take much for me to pull the plug on those relationships once we hit that wall.

• @MrEMann I think I'm not as strong believing in lasting love as your typical person but I still believe. I think I find that it takes a lot from me to trust someone, male or female. But once I do trust them, I'll pour my heart out. I think people need to be patient with me, it has nothing to do with men. The incident with my father has made me weary of all people, not just men. It wasn't just that he abandoned my mum, it was that he made our lives hell while he was at it. So I do sometimes think even the closest people can hurt you and therefore I need to really trust someone before I let myself go. I'm not afraid, I just take more time to make sure I won't get hurt. Then again, I'm a very positive person, I walked out of that situation with my head held high, it does hurt what's happened to me but I haven't for a second let it effect anything I've done in my life

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 9

• Married, and with an awesome story! Dad met mom when she was twelve and he was 15. He would walk miles and miles to see her as they lived pretty far away growing up and didn't have bus money. It could take almost 2 hours each way. They got a ride from my uncle to get married in a state where you only needed to be 17 at the time and lied on their original marriage certificate because mom was only 16! They never separated for a minute and my dad has cared for her through early onset rheumatoid arthritis and several bouts with breast cancer. To this very day (he is 71 and she 68) everytime she laughs, he can not contain a smile, even if she is in another room! Thanks to them, I believe in ever lasting love. Thanks to dad, I was not scared when I fell in love with a wonderful girl with serious illnesses. It's strange I'm not married. It's complicated.

• That's beautiful, I wish I saw something like that. Just as you believe in ever lasting love because of your parents. I've lost belief in it because of mine.

• my parents are divorced... it was a loooooooong time coming

• Yes, my parents are married.

• Been married for almost 25 or 25 years I think so yeah, goals.

• they are married. they had me before they where married though. so i am a bastard

• yes they have been for the past 25 years

• Divorced, but still sorta happy.

• No. Divorced.

• They were still married when one of them died. So, yeah.

What Girls Said 19

• they are. heading to 25 years and still madly in love <3 #goals

• Married but pretty much better if divorced. They pretty much fight at all times and I don't remember them every being happy together.

• Married 25 years now. Coming up on 26.

They have an... interesting relationship. It's delightfully entertaining.

• Mine were married for 15 u are but separated for most of that. And been divorced for almost 10... but they were married when they had me...

• They have been married for 30 years and together for like 35 or something equally revolting. Ugh, love. Gross.

• No, they got separated 15 years ago and divorced like 8 years ago.

• Never married to begin with! hahah i don't know whats its like to have a mom and dad together.

• Til death do 'em part. They both have food poisoning right now, so that may be sooner rather than later, the whole death thing.

• I hope they get better

• Divorced lol

The reason why I'm so crazy lol

• They're still married but there is no love at all. They're like roommates to be honest. Sometimes I think that it would be better if they were divorced.

When they fight it turns ugly.

• yes my parents are married

• Never married to begin with.
    My mom was 17, my dad was 18 once I was born.
    They were together for about a year or two after but then they split.

• My parents are married. They've been married for 20 something years now...

• My biological parents divorced when I was 4 and are now both remarried.

• Yupp over 30 years.

• Yes they're happily married :)

• married and still acts like a lovey dovey couple from time to time (but they also fight xD)

• No. Mine have been divorced since I was 11. Both have never remarried.

• Married

Filler