Difference between being a father in your 20s vs 30s?

Just curious to see what you all think the pros and cons of being a father in your 20s vs your 30s?

Also what are the pros and cons of being a mother in your 20s vs 30s

By this I mean having a baby within those two age groups

Most Helpful Girl

• I've noticed that it can go one to two ways. A man in his twenties will either be a dynomite father and do everything with his child OR he will be a dead beat who won't want anything to do with his kid because he "isn't ready for a baby".
    I don't think age plays a factor in this so much as maturity. My sons biological father wanted nothing to do with our son and he went to court stating that he wasn't ready for a kid and wanted to terminate his rights. He was 23 years old at the time and I was 17. My current boyfriend whom I have been with for 5 years now is a year younger than me and he quite literally jumped on the opportunity of adopting my son and taking care of him as if my son was his own. Not many people would do that because single mothers are looked at as irresponsible and made out to have a ton of baggage. But what my boyfriend did when he didn't have to, even while being so young (he was 17 when he stepped in as my sons father) shows how genuine of a person he is. So like I said, I don't think age has anything to do with it rather than maturity or simply who they are as people.

Most Helpful Guy

• Definitely more financial stable and mature in your lower 30s to handle kids , at least for me it was when I had my daughters at 33 , I sometimes wished I was younger having them since they would be done with everything already but I never had a stable income or a girl that would settle down with me. As for women it's better in their mid twenties to have healthy babies and they are more ready than most guys that age too but it's definitely a big responsibility

What Girls Said 7

• I can only speak from someone in their 20s (since I have not yet reached 30 yet).
    I had my first baby in my early twenties and I have a lot of energy to keep up with my now school age child.
    Some people mistake me for his older sister.
    I know every cartoon characters name, I can dance , run and keep up with him.
    It's awesome being a young parent.
    Early-mid 30s is pretty young.
    Someone in their later 30s however may not be to keep up with their child as much.

• Being a mother in your 20's...
    Pros:
    grow up quick
    Skip the party stage
    Can put you on the right path
    You're riding the living on love high
    Cons:
    You're so young some look down on you
    You're usually not set in your career yet
    Have to work harder to make it

Mother in your 30's: (about to be 29)
    Pros:
    People respect your parenting choice more
    You're more financially stable
    You realize that they have to come first
    Cons:
    You feel older
    That's it?

• How is skipping the party stage considered a good thing?

• @Stacyzee why are you getting so defensive?

• @plaisirdamour Communication through a computer is impersonal. Often times peoples way of expressing themselves is taken the wrong way. It's hard to get a sense of emotions or tone.

I am simply expressing myself and offering my view which this site is intended for.

• The pros of having a baby in your 30's would be things like you're finacially stable and prepared, and if you have one in your 20's it can be nice that you're are younger and therefore understand your child better and you'll still be somewhat young when he/she goes off to college

• After becoming a mother in my early twenties I became a grandmother early as well:) I can chase my grandson around and enjoy him. I'm not some feeble old lady or something who is too tired. I was a fun, young mom, too;)

• Dont do just don't wait till your late 20s at least unless mentally mature and aware of raising a child works BC of my parents being around 19 and 21 no hell no it isn't fair and looking at how they're raising my baby sister very different secretly envy it tbh my dad actually plays with her my mom actually looks forward to seeing her I do have my perks thou wait... No I don't all get is trust issues and my parents don't know the difference between parenthood or friendship when it comes to me so day fuck it wait till older and actually appreciate the baby

• I would assume that at 30 you'd be a bit more well off than in your 20's. You might still be in college, not have a stable job or your own place etc.

• Well con ; my father had me when he was 21 and left soon enough cause you're simply not ready to have a kid when a part of you still is one

What Guys Said 9

• For me, I helped create my only child at age 32... for me it was better because I was more mature, able to accept responsibility and more financially secure to care for the child... That and I was better equipped than I was in my 20's to handle a young one with the patience I have now.

• I can think of one big one: money or earning potential. You should have a lot more capital / earnings in your 30's. You should be established in a career.

• In your 30ties you're more likely to have a stable job and some savings: kids are very expensive.

• Neither gender should have kids before 25. It reduces the turnover time between generations and contributes therefore to overpopulation.

• It doesn't matter as long as you are smart and have a good heart.

• Stress levels.

• I did not become a father until I was in my 40's. It turned out to be a good idea.

• I was 39 when I had my baby. I was way too immature to have a baby in my 20's.

• Generally you'll have more financial stability and life experience/wisdom and psychological/emotional stability in your 30s.