I want to leave my boyfriend for another woman

My boyfriend and I have been dating for 5 years and I have heard from friends that he may be planning to propose to me very soon. He loves me a lot, and tells me how I am the best thing that has ever happened to him. However, I had realized that all this time I have been with him I never really loved him, I just loved him as a friend. I realized I am a lesbian and I am in love with another woman I have secretly been cheating on him with for the past two years. I didn't feel bad for cheating because I thought, she's a woman and most guys wouldn't really care if there girlfriend was sleeping with another beautiful woman. Our affair at first was basically based on curiosity on my part and sex, then I gradually started to fall in love with this woman. She treats me so well, its like she knows me better than anyone. I love her so much and we want to be together officially. With her, I have realized that I don't like men and I am better off with her. How do I tell my boyfriend?

Most Helpful Girl

• Wow, yeah that's messed up. You should tell him as soon as possible. That's not right to lead him on because he didn't even do anything wrong.

What Guys Said 2

• Dang girl, why taking this relationship further when you already know you don't love him? Telling him is the best way, so maybe he'll moved on. TELL HIM

• Don't hurt him, Tell him ASAP

What Girls Said 2

• If you are going to break up with him tell him you cheated before you do it. Either way he will not wanna talk to you for a while

• Well, there is no easy way to tell him, other than just sitting down with him and just telling him. Be calm and explain it to him. He's going to be upset, but that's all you can do. Just make sure to tell him that it isn't his fault and that there is nothing wrong with him, because there's a good chance he may blame himself. I don't really have a lot of info to give, but I hope this helped!