The truth really hurts doesn't it?

I asked if I was too old to be single at 29... Cos I really want to have a partner and have babies... This was the answer I got:

"Unfortunately Yes, you are a bit too old to be single if you wish for a family.

The reason is pretty clear. By the time you meet someone, and then you will need another 5 -8 years in a long-term relationship (bear in mind most relationship will end within 3-5 years), you are looking at about 10 years for it to happen. By then you will be 40!

Some women have health issues such as ovary or uterus tumor etc, Some women even have the rare Early-Menopause Syndrome where they are genetically infertile or reach menopause even before 35-40. It is safe to say if you are still single at 30, your chances for a family is quite low.

Probably you should have second plan - to adopt children. I don't think you should let your hope too high since you may well end up broken hearted for a dream that never comes true.

Good luck tho. I would suggest you check if you have infertility health problem already.
Anonymous"

is this answer correct? It hurts so much!

Most Helpful Guy

• You can get married anytime, you can start from being in love then having a committed relationship for 5 years or so and then by 34 -35 or it can even take longer depending on the circumstances say 8 years, also you can get married but then problem having children, raising them. When your children will be young you will way too old. Hence you may have the remove the children out of the equation but I suppose you don't want that, then you will have to figure out a way.

Do you only want to have love marriage? or do you want to be in love, have a relationship and then think about marriage with the same person. Just asking.

• However yes, you're right truth does hurt!, sometimes a lot. However I must say whatever was told to you wasn't 100% right either, some parts were right though. With what was told to you I would only agree with that 40%, most of that was wrong.

• I hope you are ok?

Most Helpful Girl

• Honestly some people can get into a relationship and know they want to be with them for the rest of their life, and then have babies soon. Yes some women have healthy ovaries etc. But you don't want to have a baby post 35 I would think because you want to be able to run around wit them and take them wherever etc. I think you have a really good chance still at starting a family and getting a partner, they could very well be on the same page as you!

What Guys Said 5

• Who the hell said 5-8 years? My parents got engaged 6 months within meeting each other and had their first child not long after. My mother was 34 when she had me. To say it's too late at 29 for you to meet a guy and form your own family with him is ludicrous.

www.juicymagonline.com/.../ludatv.jpg

• @Octavius. Agreed it might have happened with your parents, but then not everyone is same, every relationship is different in it's own ways, not everyone has the same thought process, not everyone has the same needs, desires and so on, won't you agree with this one?

Hence for some people it can take longer or even much longer to be sure of themselves and as to what they want.

• @serious Yes but someone is declaring that she won't be able to have kids for 5-8 years which is really really stupid.

• Yes, that's illogical and meaningless, I agree.

• No that isn't true. Plenty of people get married like when theyre 35 so u dtill have time. I was planning to get married around 30 and u only need maybe 1-2yrs to get to know someone. so id say u still have time and im sure a guy will come around soon. Dont listen to the negativity cos its not helpful.

• Ehh.

It doesn't take 5-8 years to marry and have kids. But it would take a few.

The bigger problem is that all the other women around your age are also abruptly feeling a burning need to quickly settle down and have kids. The joke is "baby rabies."

• There are alternative ways and also don't give up hope. Don't put all your eggs in one basket.

• my parents got married at 34 and 32 and didn't have me until 3 years later.

What Girls Said 2

• The only thing true about that, is that there can be problems for women conceiving as late as 40.
    You don't have to wait 10 years before having a baby. You also don't have to rely on natural conception if it does take that long. IVF and other fertility therapies are becoming more and more common and accessible, and the technology is advancing all the time.

Bottom line, you're not too old, and that answer was pretty shit.

• Actually not necessarily about 5-8 years before you get married, my parents only married after 2 years being in a relationship, and my bestfriend's mom started a family at 34. There's still hope for you :)

may I add that my parents are still together and they don't have relationship problems.

Just remember, if something is for you it is for you. But you can only have it in the right time.