Do you have marriage in your cards?

Especially curious about those who are currently in long term relationships. If you're in a LTR, and you have marriage planned for some point in your future:

Guys, around what point do you consider popping the question? Have you already considered popping the question? Currently considering?

Girls, is it at a point where you're wondering if or when they'll EVER pop the question? At what point do you begin wondering this?

And a general question, when do you typically start discussing marriage with one another?

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• We've mentioned it in the past and we will probably get married one day. Though, we don't pressure ourselves at all. For all I care, he could pop the question in ten years and I wouldn't mind. It doesn't really have an affect on the way we live our life.

• Understandable, I assume that's the general mindset of most couples nowadays.

What Guys Said 12

• Maybe this is one of the reasons why I am single - I never considered getting married - I would happily cohabit with a woman and have any number of kids but marriage why?, to me it is a bit of paper but you love each other, I already know that, but you want a big day. I would be sitting there watching the wedding preparations, thats a downpayment on a house, thats the kitchen furnished , that's the new beds - It is a sign of commitment, if you need a bit of paper to cement your relationship maybe you shouldn't be getting married in first place.
    I have nothing against marriage and understand why people do it but I have no time for it and if a girlfriend tried to get me to the altar, she doesn't know me as well as she thinks she does and the relationship would be heading for very thin ice.

• I dated my wife for about 8 months before I popped the question. I had to "shit or get off the pot" - we were both military stationed in Hawaii - and we were both getting out of the Navy in one year and would be going back home.

We never discussed getting married - I just kind of got a sense that she would say yes.

And we got married a month later. About a month after that - she was pregnant! LOL

Sooooo... she ended up getting out of the Navy and I stayed in for the paycheck - and put her through engineering school.

Been married for 30 years.

• Marriage is always my intention, I never get into any other form of relationship except long term and for anything other then marriage, besides a handful of other reasons. And I always make my intentions clear right off the bat, or pretty earlier into a relationship as I don't want to waste my time with someone who doesn't want the same things as me. And I am certainly not going to force or persuade them into anything.

Typically I would wait and propose about 2-3 years into the relationship I feel that is enough time to get to know the person well and have a good connection with them on a intimate, emotional and friendly level.

Call me old fashioned but I don't believe in getting into a relationship for any other reason except the eventually marriage and raising a family.

Interesting question for you to ask though.

• I wouldn't think about marriage unless we're effectively already married. Like, if we've lived together for a few years and are already making a life together, then marriage seems inevitable. In any other circumstance, it's the last thing I'm thinking. No guy thinks, "I love you so much, that I want to tell the government and avail myself to laws (that I wouldn't have to follow otherwise) just to prove it." @KDA20 is right: marriage is just a ceremony and a piece of paper to guys. The relationship is what actually matters. Ironically, the girls that realize that the actual state of the relationship is more important than the facebook status about it are the ones that guys will want to marry.

• i asked a girl to marry me about a year and a half ago. she told me she can't have kids because her uterus didn't develop properly, then cried because she knows and i want kids. then she ran away to another state and i have only spoken to her on the phone a few times since.

• been there, done that. huge mistake.

• I want to be eventually. But I m not there yet financially or emotionally.

A child costs minimum 500 to 1000 us dollars per month... now ur supporting a wife too? That's an extra 1500 to 2000 month extra you have to make. My child is the new buisness I m starting.

• NO idea. As of right now, no.

• I will never do that.

• Ofcourse it is on the cards, but probably I'll wait for a decade

• MGTOW I ain't a fool

• Hell-to-the-naw.

What Girls Said 7

• until i met my current man, i had no plans of ever being married.

he's 31 and i'll be 29 in a couple of months; we've been together for a year, and we love each other, so we've both agreed that it's an eventuality. that said, we've also agreed that we'll wait until the 2-year mark before discussing it in detail (we're just waiting until we're comfortable financially, since he doesn't want to be engaged for 5-10 years, lol).

• Yep! Truthfully, I wouldn't be surprised if he proposed within the next year. Although I could see him waiting a little longer - we are still young after all.

• We've been together over a year now, but we were friends for years before that.

• We've been together for 3 years... at 17 I'm not waiting to get purposed to but I am starting to get impatient about receiving a promise ring. We started discussing marriage a while ago... Both of us are of the mindset that dating without intentions of marriage is pointless.

• I think it was around the three year mark that my co-worker got her promise ring from her boyfriend. Or maybe it was the two year mark? I think two year mark, but they're engaged now. 6 years older than you, though, but yeah.

• Maybe. I don't want a church wedding, because I am not religious, and I really don't want a big party or ceremony either, I am not about to blow all that much money on one day. If I am to become married, it's just gonna be the two of us quietly marry somewhere in the world, no stress, no guests, no dresses, no cakes, none of all that.

• Men only get married out of pressure or for citizenship.

• I'm not in a relationship. I don't even want to be in one. I know I'm too young but I doubt I'll change my opinion. I really don't care about marriage or relationships.

• Yes. I do. I've been married for over 15 years