Is proposing to your bf/gf on their birthday a good idea or a bad one?

What would be the consiquences of that? Has anyone done it?

Most Helpful Girl

• My best male friend proposed to his girlfriend (now wife) near her birthday, but I don't think it was exactly on it. We took a trip for her birthday around that time (me, them, and the guy who ended up being their best man) and he popped the question while we were there. It was nice :)

I also know a guy who proposed on HIS birthday, rather than hers. He did a good job with it and now they're married as well.

What Girls Said 4

• i wouldn't want that personally. i mean it's a nice idea, but i think it's best to just create a new day for that wonderful occasion, rather than place it with another one.

• My sisters fiancĂ© proposed on her birthday. I find it to be a cop out, but she didn't mind it.

• I personally wouldn't want him to. To me, my bday is MY special day. I'd want my guy to find another day to propose.

• its kinda lame. Plus what if things don't work out then the birthday will have a negative moment attached to it.

What Guys Said 0