Engaged to my Ex-???

My boyfriend recently broke up with me. For weeks after our break-up, he'd call and yell at me. I asked him why he was yelling and what I did wrong or did to make him upset and he told me that things weren't going well in his life and that it had nothing to do with me. Last night he stopped by my apartment to bring over the last of my stuff and to pick up the last of his, and he came over with a ring. He said he was so sorry for kicking me out of his life and asked me to marry him. I told him that I wouldn't have said yes for sure before, but the break-up threw me for a loop.

Any suggestions about what I should do? I'm so confused!

Most Helpful Guy

• Dancergirl is on a roll today and she is reading my mind. It looks like a guilt trip he is pulling on himself here. He is mad at himself that he broke up with you at the first place and he is desperately wanting to get you back and is ready to do whatever it takes. But I don't know if getting engaged is the right thing to do.

0/2500

Send It!
Sponsored

What Guys Said 1

• Take things slowly with him, don't rush into anything like marriage wiithout at least getting back together properly first.

What Girls Said 4

• Getting engaged is not an easy fix to a broken relationship. If you love him and you think you can improve your relationship then do that before making a life-long commitment.

• Sounds like an unstable situation -- not something you wanna sign up for for eternity. And that's what marriage is. And no, marriage doesn't fix problems.

So no, don't accept. Tell him to get his act together, stop being such a tempermental jerk, and then actually evaluate why you even want this guy in your life. He doesn't sound like a winner.

• If you think you can forgive him and you love him, then say yes. guys are complicated and they get more complicated with the pressure of their careers. i guess he is really sorry for what he had done. Don't be confused and don't say that to Urself. just give it some time,think, do U want to be his wife? would U like o have his kids?

• If y'all can't get it together now, what in the world makes you think getting engaged is going to do? No, don't marry him at least not right now. One thing is, you should never be unsure if you want to marry someone or not. You would know for a fact if this person is for you or not, you wouldn't have to question it.