Would you marry someone so they can stay in the country?

If thier life is bad in their home country would you marry them to help them to stay?

Most Helpful Girl

• No I wouldn't. Marriage is precious union between 2 people who love each-other, nothing else.
    But I would try to help them out another way, maybe even shelter them just like we did in Tunisia 4 years ago during the Libyan civil war when people from the south opened their houses to the Libyan refugees.

Most Helpful Guy

• If I get something in return.

What Girls Said 12

• Lolz no.

I'd feel bad for them but I actually value marriage so I'm not going to use it for anything other that what I feel its intended purpose is.

• No way, never, I could never ever do something like that, that's completely against what I believe in. I'm not gonna judge if people decide to do that, but I feel like it's a pretty sad situation actually. Only reason I'd ever get married would be for love.

• No, I would marry them if I truly wanted them.

• Depends on what's in it for me because it's going to take a lot of convincing to get me to do that shit.

• I think that's illegal... like $100,000 in fines and jail time kind of illegal?

• You'll not just screw up your life but you'll screw up their life more than what it is in this present time. Life is not a fuck up fairytale you see in TV's. it doesn't work that way. and we should value marriage... its forever.

• If we were already friends then sure, otherwise hell no.

• No but that happens everyday

• Someone actually asked me to do that once and I said no. One, I'm not a very good liar, and so I can't keep up a charade as long as I would have to, like 5 years or whatever length of time is needed. Two, I'm no fan of going to jail, so if I was found out, I have no desire to end up in jail or pay any crazy fines. Third, I want to marry someone I love. Marriage isn't like a joke to me and this would be a joke to marry someone just to help them get something else.

• No. I don't marry anyone out of pitty.

• No I would not. Its not my responsibility to marry someone I don't love in order to help them out. That's taking "helping others" too far.

• I feel for them, but no. That's against the law, and I wouldn't enter into marriage lightly anyway.

What Guys Said 2

• Like just marry a foreign friend so they can come hang out here and we can have the added legal benefits of marriage?

Lol hecks yea!

Shit I'd do that with somebody who already loved here haha

• Yep I totally would