I am all for gay marriage. Although I am not gay myself, I feel that people should be aloud to do what they feel. Who is anyone else to tell people who they can and cannot marry. I just wanted to get your views on the subject.

Most Helpful Girl

• All for it. I believe sexual preference is biological. If you believe that, then I think that you also have to believe that all of us that are hetero are just lucky that we were born into the preference that isn't discriminated against. Which really is unfair.

What Guys Said 6

• basically it's all been said so here's my only addition:

separation of church and government. Any argument involving god, the church, or religion, is completely invalid because religion should have no say in matters involving the government. If christianity is recognized, certain sects of buddhism that support gays must be recognized as well. Well then, what do you do then?

There is no good reason to oppose gay marriage besides the argument that you simply think it's wrong. Then again, if the world was gay and it took away your rights cause you were straight, you'd want them back wouldn't you? you'd argue, I have as much right to this as you do, there's nothing wrong with it, etc...

People often confuse gay marriage with 'is gay right or wrong' that is where people are completely valid to use religion, as it's just opinion and belief. Gay marriage is a matter of government.

• Ok the best way to put this is, if God wanted us to be gay and like the same gender then it wouldn't have been Adam and Eve it would have been Adam and Steve or vice versa you get what I am saying.

• What does that have to do with what's happening now? Not everybody believes in God anyway.

• I completely agree with you.

• I fully support gay marriage, consenting adults should be able to marry as they please. Im sure all those who oppose it would feel quite differently if the tables were turned and the lgbt community got to decided if straights could marry.

• For, it is not hurting anyone!

• i do not like gays

What Girls Said 10

• I think gay marriage is great everyone should be aloud marry who they love and also I know people who just got married because they got pregnant and didn't really love the person but yet people think 2 gay people who love each other shouldn't get married but don't mind if 2 people who don't love each other but are the same sex get married is ok I don't understand it at all but I'm all for gay marriage definitely.

• I have kind of a weird approach. I believe that we need two separate things: marriage and civil unions. Marriages are officiated by the church, and have no legal standing. It's simply a religious ceremony, like a baptism or something. A civil union is the legal side, where two people form a couple, with the legal rights of a married couple now.

Really, I think this is the only solution - I don't think churches should be forced to recognize or perform gay marriages, but I also don't think they should be able to restrict the legal side of marriage.

• I, too, think that separating religious marriage from legal marriage is a great idea! Unfortunately, some people will see it as "destroying" marriage, but really it's preserving marriage. The religious side is left as is, with clergy not having to recognize gay marriage if they don't want to, but every couple is allowed to have the legal benefits.

• My cousin is a lesbain and I love her 2 pieces if she were 2 want to be with anyone wether it be female or male I would support that. With that being said I know what it says in the BIBLE and I respect that. . . But If I'm ever going to be happy I want it to be the same for everyone else. It doesn't bother me , but its not the most exciting thing either.

• I agree with you I think everyone has the right love who they want to,although my religion believes in a man in a woman I can't say that I think its not their fault they feel about someone how they do but they should be happy with the person they love.

• I agree completely. A homosexual couple that loves each other has as much of a right to be together as a straight couple. I don't think you can control who you love, and for some homosexual couples, it's just stressful for them to not be allowed to marry, especially if they have families.

• I'm not gay either but I do believe you should have a right to marry whoever you love whether that person is same or different gender. Of course I say that because I'm more spiritual than I am religious, but people who are religious are bound to feel against it. Not all, but the majority.

• I am 100% anti-gay marriage and the latest supreme court ruling in particular. For me its more so about the constitution and the fact that the supreme court does not have the right to enact law. That power lies solely with Congress. Additionally, there is the issue of church and state. This states that government cannot regulate any sort of religion and that's exactly what they've done here. None of it is constitutional and is actually illegal.

• It feels so good to be able to walk in the light of love and have any one of my friends have the right to marry whether they are gay or straight. I have friends from all faiths, races, and both sexual orientations, and somehow we manage to get along even if we share strict fundamental differences basically because of what you've said here... they aren't trying to tell me how to live my life, and I'm not trying to tell them how to live their own. I wish people would get it through their thick heads, and I'm talking on both sides here, that there is NO issue on earth that every single person agrees with. Even people within the same religion or even gays disagree with each other about what they are fighting for! This issue is no different. If you don't believe in gay marriage, fine. If you do, fine. We will agree to disagree and somehow life will go on as it has with other divisive issues. We will rumble about them off and on, but the beauty of being an American is we have rights to, oh my gosh, disagree with one another! Yeah America! Now lets have some frickin' hot dogs on the fourth of July and party like its 1776!

• I am not for it, it is against my religion and i do not believe in it. But I will not be in a gay persons face belittling them. there are many laws and things in life i may or may not agree with but that doesn't mean i won't respect people.

• I am ok with gay married I myself am not gay or bi. I am ok with it I am not sure if I would be to a gay wedding but I feel they have the right to get married just like anyone else