Married at first sight. Could you do it?

I have just seen a ad for a show called married at first sight.
I don't think I could just marry someone I only just meat at the altar

apart from getting your 15 minutes of fame why would you do it?
I meant in general as well as the tv show not just for the fame and money.

In the real life as well.

Most Helpful Girl

• I couldn't do it. If I don't get a chance to assess physical attraction first, I'm out.

Side note: You may like the show "Arranged," it follows some couples through the first year or so of their arranged marriages. I found myself watching even though I hate reality tv.

What Girls Said 16

• Nope unless my DAD n MUM personally picked him out and he was a prince/king and my parents know every single thing about him!

• Omg! I've seen an entire episode of that, and NOOO thank you! It's like going into an arranged married done by "experts" (just as bad if you were, by your parents)

• I study psychology, so I watched the British version of this show for curiosity. It ended up working for about half. They match personalities, similar backgrounds, religious beliefs, goals, opinions and theories over major life and social issues etc. but one thing they can't take into consideration is that special attraction between individuals. ( that special spark) . So it is still a risk!. Overall, I couldn't do it, as I believe that married is for life.

• No way I think it is one of those stupid shows like the Bachelor or the Bachelorette except even more stupid and unrealistic.

• sure as long a divorce was not a big deal.

• nah.. never ever..

• Definitely not lol I am not that desperate to break the records of the fastest divorce.

• I would have to do this prayer first.
    So, nah

• Oh no no no ain't gonna happen

• Hell no , wouldn't even marry most of the guys I know for me to just marry someone I don't know... No thank you..

• I've actually truly considered this. I think that it teaches you that being shallow is wrong and could actually prevent you from loving the right person. Going into a marriage blind can present opportunities that you could never imagine.

• I have seen that show and it is cringe-worthy however it is pretty entertaining. I could never do that. You might also like 90 Day Fiance on TLC.

• I have seen one of the 90 days one that was strange but I won't judge others.
      Don't think I will even look at the marriage 1st shight

• Lol i think some arranged marriages work like that sadly. Also marriages in Vegas in which case you still dont know who u are marrying at the alter until the morning after :D

• Well you could always get divorced. If all else fails that might be a possibility! (I hope not lol)

• No, I couldn't do it. It takes time for me to fall in love, and I wouldn't marry unless I was in love.

• I love this show. And I could do it. It's interesting to me. I like that it is very scientific and business-like rather than being the fru-fru love crap.
    I almost did once, his family set us up to be married because when they met me they thought it would be a good match. It was all arranged before we met. Had a pre-nupt, court date, everything. Then we decided not to go through with it about a week prior just because we felt like it didn't make sense with where we were in our lives. We've been friends ever since (it's been over a year since that happened) are now casually dating, and discussing being serious with each other.

What Guys Said 12

• totally not worth it, not even if she's hot, or if her moms hot.

• Pardon me for being abrupt. But one would have to be an idiot to do this. LOL
    So this is supposed to be an upcoming show? This stuff is getting out of hand.

• Unfortunately people are watching them also want they 15 minutes of fame

• This goes high in the list of worst decisions you could make.

• No. Marriage is forever and mail-ordering a bride is NOT a good idea.

• It would be quite a gamble.

• Absolutely not!

• Some Indians have arranged marriages still. What an awful life.

• You don't know what that is like. It's not as bad as you think. And it's not only Indian's it is others too.

• lolz ya in Hungary they have arranged marriages its not that bad European girls are all good :)

• @Mekkalyn Yeah but I'm part Indian so I know what it's like for most people

• Sure its all paid for right if she isn't my type I wouldn't take the plunge leave at the alter is she my type go ahead divorce her after a week if things don't go smoothly

• I could marry her, but I can't guarantee commitment.

• Sure if we get to conjugate it, I'm one thirsty mofo.

• NO.

Marriages fail (and ruin lives and finances) easily enough when people know each other, much less when they don't at all. Unbelievably fucking stupid.

People dumb enough to do this should be shot. Fucking idiots.

• If she got a big ass booty some nice jugs curves the whole 9 yards I'd marry her in a flick of the wrist.