What do you think is the ideal way to propose to someone?

Guys: what are some ways you have thought about / or did propose to someone that really stood out to them?

Ladies: What would make a proposal something that you would remember forever even more than the fact he asked you?

Most Helpful Girl

• Perfect answer! @shadowlegend
    Only thing I'd add is if ready to get married then you should already know her well enough for her ideal romantic outings and but be able to combine your own personality into it... I think even though it's "for her" putting your touch into it is what would make it that much more special and start of life together =-}
    Just always remember your doing it because YOU want to, never do it for any other reason (that'll show thorough in the proposal too)... and after all that work never ever scar that memory by saying you regret it even if it doesn't work out keep the good memories good =-)

Most Helpful Guy

• My fiancĂ© is a big Magic the gathering player, so I proposed with a custom made card that I hid inside a new pack of cards. It was called the "ring of proposal" and asked him to marry me.

• That is Brilliant!! How did you sneak it into a "new" pack of cards?

• You got my props on that one man!!! And I thought I had some crazy ways of doing things as surprises for other people. That's MHO right there.

• Thanks. I do this kind of work all the time (photo editing and fabrication) because I do properties work for the theatre. If you ever need ideas of how to get thing like that made, let me know, I can probably figure it out.

What Girls Said 15

• i couldn't possibly answer this even if i tried. in all honesty just the shock of being proposed to would be enough for me. i have no expectations, id be so in love to even care.
    I'm down with whatever he decides to do, because he'd know me well enough to know where would be a good place and time to share that moment =]

• It should be tailored specifically to the woman, and you should know her well enough to organize a romantic, personalized proposal, that will be a truly memorable moment, and not some tacky or cheesy proposal like most others.

• its different for everybody. it's all about getting ur point across and making it special.

• maybe if he scares me!! hahah! lol

• it's up to the dude. i would hope that if he's made the (very unsound) decision to marry me, that he'll know how he wants to propose. all i can say is that public proposals are the worst thing ever. they make great viral youtube videos, but i much prefer a more intimate affair.

• Fist I think you should discuss one on one if you are both ready for marriage, then when you are both sure you are ready surprise them at another time with something sweet and personal to them.

• I would not want him to propose to me in front of a crowd- no jumbotron, not in front of my family or friends... in public is fine if we are alone- like a restaurant, park or something like that.

• Wow, I really don't know... Alright, if he proposed in a way that had to do with books, or like a puzzle, something I had to figure out to get to him. Something that showed me how much he remembers of me and of us. Something that told things not even I knew and that made the whole thing very special. Bonus points for him if it's so good it makes me cry!!

• Ha. Nobody is ever going to propose to me so I won't fill my thoughts with nice romantic ideas of something that's never gonna happen :/ lots of lovely ideas on here though.

• I never thought about this. But I think it has to be something that she really likes, that reminds her of when or how they met and something original.

• This video is pretty good. :D
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bW0Lz4T5KXQ

• but that only works if she's into magic. Mostly just depends on what she likes. If she's into sports, video games, cards, magic, books, etc.

• No we did it at the beach under the guise of just taking pictures with a photographer friend. He had the rose in a bag with other props to fool her and give me a reason to go to his bag behind her back. and when she turned around I was on a knee with the rose in hand but hiding the ring inside my palm.

• awww that's super sweet. ^^

• I really donnt know :p
    Ermm, maybe just making the moment private and intimate and then continuing right off with a celebration party :D

• I think no matter what he does I'll remember it and love it, I guess more so if he said something romantic because my boyfriend isn't that kinda guy

• Would you want him to do something that was personal for the two of you or at a fancy restuarant you've never been to but is 5 star?

• Definitely personal

• My fiancĂ© proposed to me after a 16 month deployment to Afghanistan he suprised me while I was out for a girls night on my birthday and everyone knew he had come home but me I wasn't expecting him for 2 more months.

• I had to do a scavenger hunt earlier in the day to end up there also.

• I think the right music makes any moment better!

What Guys Said 0