I don't know how to tell him I'm not ready. Help?

Me and my boyfriend have been dating for a while. The other day we were talking and he brought up the subject of marriage. Now, I'm not opposed to the idea, I just thought it was random as to how he brought it up. He said he'd get me a ring and everything as soon as he had the money. Now, we're both 18, and I love him a lot, but I don't know how to tell him I'm not ready. Help?

Most Helpful Guy

• Here's how you tell him:

(Insert his name here), I care about you a lot, and I want to stay in this relationship and let it grow. However, I'm not at all ready for us to get married. I need more tiIf me to evaluate such a decision, and I'm surely not ruling it out, but I do not believe I could perform in a marriage the way I would need to.

If he cares about you, he'll understand this and it won't be a problem at all. If he can't handle this, then he's not the right one for you at all.

Bottomline, when this kind of subject comes up, you have to be upfront and direct. You can't side step it or be gentle. Boundaries have to be clearly stated.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• does tell him that your not ready and you want to do the steps frist to see if your meant to be like living witheach other if that goes well he must be the one and if it doesn't it at least you know but don't listen to my opion cause it doesn't work for everonr but it did work for me