He is allergic to his wedding ring, what should we do?

He's totally allergic to his wedding ring. I knew that he was allergic to cheap metals, but had no idea that he would have such a reaction to silver! I had a pure silver chain melted down into a ring for him :/ it was really nice. How do we figure out what metals he is not allergic to? I'd have him put on my wedding ring to test the white gold but his fingers are twice my size. I don't have much money, but I want him to have something nice :/

Most Helpful Guy

• I think that if a doctor doesn't say it, you have to keep trying. There's no other way.

Most Helpful Girl

• How bad is the reaction? Is it mild enough to where he could wear it out just on special occasions and maybe get something that isn't any form of metal for the rest of the time. I'm allergic to metals myself and it's a difficult thing to deal with, I have one store I can buy earrings from. I've bought the same metal at different stores and will have a reaction so I just go to that one store if I need something. My reaction I wouldn't say is severe but I don't let it get bad, the metal on pants or clothing, jewelry metals, certain belts, basically anything with metal I get a rash and get super itchy. If I'm going out and wanna wear a necklace I put it on just before I go in and if I start to itch I take it off at that point, and jeans I def can't wear get the itchy rash all around my waist. I worry about this issue for when I get married, I've had real gold jewelry and still broke out in the rash. I think what I will do is maybe make a string ring to wear and if I go out or do anything I'll wear the ring or otherwise I'd have my string ring. If I get married if want the world to know I'm with the man I love and we are married but due to the allergy I just can't wear the rings so I'd def want something to wear all the time.

What Guys Said 1

• Go to a jewelry store and try I different weeding rings should let y'all know what metal is best for him.

What Girls Said 3

• You could have him try metals like tungsten or even a nice wood ring as an everyday thing and then he can keep the ring at home and maybe repurpose it for you one day.

• Could be wear your ring on the tip of one of his fingers for an evening to see if he has a reaction?

• I think doctors can do allergy tests.

• No medical insurance right now :/

• Is the allergic reaction immediate or over time? You could have him hold the white gold ring since he can't wear it and see if anything happens.