Why don't men want to get married as much anymore?

Why?

Most Helpful Guy

• well have you noticed the current state of the dating market. too many single mothers. too many sloots. the quality of women is just not there.

• also the laws favor women too much.

• I agree most women are not marriage material and are not worth getting married to these days. Also look at the video on my opinion.

What Girls Said 4

• Good question.

many find it to be outdated, and commitment is just a supposedly unrealistic option. Many girls think this way too though.

• Maybe it's because their are so many options

• i see the opposite lol. men really desperate to get married.

• That's a good question. Maybe they don't think it's necessary any more. I don't want to get married, either.

What Guys Said 10

• I could not think of anything worse than getting married. It is a trap.

• Because some guys have totally called it quits and will not give a fuck any more about it. They could have so many other problems and issues, whether personal, financial, health-related that makes it completely impossible for them to ever even consider. Some have entirely given up on "love" and dating, others could be so hurt, broken or fucked up with baggages from either terrible things like trauma in their past or past relationships withou ANY possible way of overcoming them that they just can never ever marry regardless.

• I would do a private religious marriage for her if she wants one, but I will never get married legally again. The state has no reason to be in the business of relationships. A piece of paper from the state doesn't authenticate my love in any way, shape or form. Marriage and divorce has become an exploitative, money making scheme as far as the government is concerned. All individuals should share a fair tax burden, marital status should hold no bearing, and it is a form of discrimination. We dont make women pay more due to their gender, so why should singles or widows pay more than those who are married?

• There can be various reasons for that.

• That part of me died when my first "love" or highschool girlfriend of 4 years left me

• What worries me if what happens if their a divorce? Can I take the emotional and financial punishment that will be dished out? I don't think I can. What happens if I lose absolutely everything? Can I rebuild my life? What happens if I end up being a weekend Dad? These are all questions that I have no answer to, so marriage is a big risk and I am not entirely sure if it is worth it or not.

• Because they simply don't have to. It started when, sorry for the rude wording, "pump'n dump" became acceptable for the society.

• BAD GIRLSSSSSSSSSSSSS

• Because marriage used to be a mutually beneficial arrangement for both men and women, but today it benefits women far more than men and in most cases is a bad deal for men.

• If a girl pay me to get married I would do it let's see how reverse gender roles play out