Having an affair?

I had an affair with a single female friend for a month, and she is threatening to tell my wife about our affair. how do I stop her?
my wife is really sweet and does not deserve to be hurt by my friend.

Most Helpful Girl

• Your a dirty man whore who hurt your sweet wife. Don't blame your side chick for wanting to make things right. And your a dick for cheating. But its even worse that you want to lie about it. How in the living fuck do you live with yourself sleeping next to a good woman that loves and supports you enough to fucking marry you while you know you are a fucking piece of shit. I say tell your wife the truth and pray she can find means to forgive you. And know that when she finds out that you cheated, and lied to her face that you will not be forgiven. Your only hope for forgiveness is to be honest and devote the rest of your life trying to make I up to her. P. s. You deserve to be alone.

Most Helpful Guy

• Well then if you knew your wife is so sweet and cute then why would you hurt her by having an affair, that's not right of you to do so. I don't think you can stop her, don't give in to her blackmails, never negotiate with such people. First you need to ask yourself, have you realized your mistakes, you should never repeat it again.

There are two things you can do:

1. Don't give in to the other's woman's blackmail and let her go and tell your wife, let your wife know about it and when your confronts you, then you can handle the situation, you can apologize to her and tell her whatever you did was a mistake and you won't repeat it again.

In this case your wife will come to know the truth through the other woman and you will be in a reactive kind of situation and so you will less control over the situation.

2. Gather the courage, before the other woman tells your wife go and approach your wife and just tell her the truth, the full truth without hiding a single fact, tell her everything that you did during the period. Of course your wife will be surprised, she will feel cheated , betrayed and so be prepared for the consequences, she may slap you, so take it and be prepared to hear everything your wife will say, be prepared to face your wife's anger.

The good thing here is even before the other woman can tell your wife, your wife will come to know about the truth from you and not from her so irrespective to what may happen later the other woman's threats won't have any effect anymore, you won't be scared of her anymore because then you'll have nothing to lose.

In the second step you will have more control over the situation compared to the first.

However I can't say how your wife's reaction would be, I can't predict that. It's possible she may break up with you, she may ask for divorce, or it's completely possible that she may forgive you and give you another chance so it all depends upon your wife's nature and personality. Hence that's a risk you must be prepared to take if you really love your wife.

You need to decide what you want to do.

1. Are you going to continue giving in to the demands of the other woman for your lifetime or until your wife finds out the truth? Do you want to live in fear?

2. Are you going to tell the truth to your wife yourself and then face the consequences?

• Let me also tell you that chances are less that your wife may forgive you, because cheating, having affairs are not something that can be forgiven, so either way, no matter which way you choose you will eventually have to face your face when she confronts you, so realistically/logically speaking things are not looking good for you, but that doesn't mean you have no chance. Hence all you can do is make the decision which step ( that I suggested) you want to follow and then pray that your wife will forgive you and give your another chance but also be prepared for the worst at the same time, if you can understand what I mean.

• No matter what the outcome may be from all this, learn from your mistakes and never repeat it again. Please remember this:

1. Always think at least twice before you do anything. Think about the future and it's consequences.

2. Listen to your conscience, inner voice, it will tell you what is right and wrong (for you), you can choose to ignore it or to follow it.

3. "LOOK BEFORE YOU LEAP", that sentence says it all. It's self explanatory.

• A small correction, in one of the comments I said" face your face" instead it is #" face your wife"#

What Girls Said 3

• *she does not deserve to be hurt by you... just thought I'd clarify.

• Not much you can do. I dont agree with cheating bit if you are cheat, cheat with someone who has something to lose also.

• ohhh really... then u should not have an affair y to have an affair when u r maried...

What Guys Said 10

• Your wife does not deserve to be hurt by YOU! But she's going to be when she finds out. It will come out sometime. A lot depends on how this lady "friend" feels about you and herself. Did she know you are married? If you made out at the beginning that you were single, then your fate is in the hands of a scorned woman.

• "my wife is really sweet"
    Then why did you cheat on her man? Really disappointed.

• Your wife is hurt by you, not your friend.

• You're going to have to beg really, really, really, nicely.

• Tell her yourself. That's the only option. You screwed up now you gotta dig yourself out.

• Hate to say but better you tell your wife the situation then her saying something. or have another female backing you up. A female such as a friend of your wife or if it was a co worker. another co worker that could help you out.

• wronggggggggggggggggggggggggg

• I hope she does tell your wife and you get your dick chopped off.

• You're an idiot

• You shouldn't of had an affaire. Basically the only way to get her to not tell your wife is to do whatever she says, she has the upper hand and you have no room to negotiate.