Married people, what was it about your spouse that was different than others that you dated?

Married people or those that were married at some point... what set that person apart from those you dated in the past? What made you choose to commit to that person?

Most Helpful Guy

• An instant connection. We were opening up to each other within minutes of meeting, and completely open within a very few hours. We knew about our pasts, our prior loves, our fears, our faults, etc, within the first 24 hours. Before 48 hours we were planning to spend our lives together.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm divorced , but was married for ten years.
    Besides immense attraction to each other, we just clicked. We "got" each other like no one else could (and honestly like no one else has since). He challenged me intellectually , physically, emotionally - I just felt like me when I was with him.
    Since the divorce I believe I lost a part of myself I'll never get back.

What Guys Said 2

• She was waaaayyyyyy toooooo forceful with her proposal :s

• Oh. Wow... Hard to say no, huh?

• Doesn't sound like the two of you were very compatible...

• Something I'd told her loooong before we got married :)

• Haaaa!!! Never did!!!

What Girls Said 1

• I think it was a sense of, I know you. We know each other. We are comfortable with each other. I am relaxed and I am myself.