Would you marry a poor but educated person?

someone with a decent white collar job in a respectable profession, but pays for his parents mortgage and bills. All in all a good funny person.
If you started a family with him you would strugle financially on only his salary.

Most Helpful Girl

• Definitely yes if I love him his wealth level doesn't matter. We can earn money together. And also he has a job and educated these are enough

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, but only if she hasn't slept around.

If a girl has slept around then I want her to have the same income as me or higher.

If she makes less money then I want her to have the same number of parters as me or less.

I hate how guys are still expected to fulfill their traditional gender role of being the higher earner but girls get a pass on their gender role of being modest and not sleeping around.

So if I'm fulfilling the male gender role of being the higher earner and contributing more to the relationship financially then I want a girl who fulfills the female gender role of being classy and modest.

The higher earner has more to lose so if she makes more money then I'd be more accepting of her having slept around since she's taking a bigger risk on me.

• a relationship is what you bring to the table

What Girls Said 9

• Well we would not only do his salary. I will also work. So we'll have two salaries. Overall, I wouldn't mind.

• Sure. I don't have a problem with that.

• it would mean that you would fork out on the bills yourself mostly

• That's not what I foresaw... lol. I don't believe or like being in a relationship where one person pays all the bills. It puts stress on that one person.

I would hope that he would have a good reason for being so poor (following his dreams as an artists or something), but I don't do househusbands.

• he is not poor but rather dont have the income to support a family that much after taking care for his parents like the salary dont support two families do you get my point

• No, I wouldn't :/
    When u marry someone, ur spouse is supposed to come first. And if we were struggling bc his parents were living comfortably off him, I don't think could respect that.

• but the circumstances are beyond him his parents are not in a position to do with out him other wise they would be in the streets.

• Maybe it would depend on the situation... Maybe... but I'd have a lot of questions/concerns... Its not right, but that doesn't mean that someone wouldn't accept it...

• Thank you for your honesty!

• As long as he can support himself I'm cool with it.

• Yes? Money isn't everything.

• if I liked them, then yes.
    I would make sure we did not struggle as I would have a job too

• There's nothing wrong with marrying someone who doesn't have their financial situation figured out yet. There is, however, something wrong with starting a family if you are unable to fully provide for your children

• I would, and we'd have two salaries coming in anyway probably.

• I don't care about how much money he makes or his class. I don't anyway but especially not if I'm in love with him

• love is the key ingredient in a relationship

• Of course, but I mean in general also I don't judge people on those things

Love, trust too. That's what I need. Money stuff we'll work out somehow, each other is what matters

What Guys Said 3

• No lol. Educated means some bullshit degree? No poor isn't acceptable. Stop trying to rationalize being poor and do something about it. Majority of women will say it wouldn't matter but when it comes down to it.. money = security which women need in a marriage. As a girlfriend.. not so much but a marriage? You bet your ass. Invest in the stock market? Do something man.

• as I wrote I got a decent middle class income job but the mortgage I'm paying is for one of the most expensive real estate markets in the world it takes like 85% of the salary the rest goes to bare essentials and transport costs. the degree is in bioscience with a masters.
      I know women want financial security but this is what reality looks like at the moment.

• Sorry j should of read the question a little more. Looks like you are working on it then. All you can do is continue to improve your financial status. 25-29.. still young man.

• Sure, even poor and uneducated if I love her.

• Nope. A man with money is what a girl looks for the most.