What do you think of a New Years Proposal?

Would anyone propose or want to proposed to on New Years or Christmas? I'm not sure if it's to cheesy or really sweet!

Let me know what you think!

Most Helpful Guy

• I think this is one of those things opinions are divided on. One the one hand it would be magical to propose or be proposed to at Christmas or New Years Day because of the time of year and whatnot. However, it will probably lose the meaning of being "that day" due to the fact that everyone else is celebrating something on the same day as your special day. I personally think it's a good idea though. Not cheesy in my opinion.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 5

• It seems a little cliché for me. I'd rather have a totally separate date that would be just about our engagement.

• I was just about to write cliche but you beat me too it! :)

• Sure, good a day as any, maybe better. Memorable. Great way to start the year. Best present is to get your love for Xmas!

• Didn't read the article. My brother proposed to his now fiance last NYE. They're getting married next July.

• I remember one of of my ex friends proposed to his girlfriend in the toilet of a house party in a shitty part of town. Both were 16, I think.

• Lol i wonder if the toilet was shitty, did he propose with a ringpop

• It was a tiny, rusty, wet bathroom that was already fucked up because one of my other ex friends got head butted from my mate for dropping q-tips all over the place.

That was a good night.

And no, he proposed with a haribo ring.

• Well it's a bit sudden since we've never met but I'm game

What Girls Said 1