Can someone help me with my Christmas panic?

I've been with my boyfriend for over 3 years. We wanna get married. I have the feeling he might propose this Christmas. I'd be overjoyed but I'm really afraid what my dad would think. We don't wanna get married for at least three or four years though. I'm terrified my dad will get mad if he proposes. No I'm not moving out or anything else ridiculous.

Most Helpful Girl

• Why bother borrowing trouble from tomorrow when you'll miss the joy of today?

What Guys Said 2

• Why are you worried what your Dad thinks? Yes, surely you must respect him and value his opinion as he is your father but you must also remember that you are a grown women who can make her own choices and should not rely on politics, society, family, friends or feminists opinion above your own. Make your own decision woman ! What if your delay in marriage causes him to forget the whole idea or even consider another woman , since of course YOUR NOT MARRIED !

• He might prefer to discuss it with you first.

What Girls Said 4

• Just tell your dad what you told us, not to worry the marriage isn't for a while

• That's quite a tough one, I'd say bring it up to your boyfriend. Not like "hey my dad doesn't want you to propose" but more like "haha you better not propose on Christmas, My dad would kill me!! haha".

• Aw well congrats after he proposes get him and your dad together and talk yor dad will probably apriciate the thought you would want to be responsible also that it shows maturity over all though it's up to you at the end of the day ✨

• Just because he proposes doesn't mean you get married right then and there. And he's been with you for 3 years, obviously you're serious about each other. Your dad shouldn't have any issues with it.