If he has not proposed yet, will he ever?

My boyfriend and I have been dating almost 4 years--he is 23 I am 25. I am still in school to be a nurse, he is selling cars and just feel like "sh*t or get off the pot" If he doesn't know by now that he wants me as his wife will he ever? Is it his age, insecurities, both--I'm not the perfect girlfriend but I'm not that bad either. Help!

Most Helpful Guy

• My brother was with his current wife since high school. They didn't get married till he was 26 or so. So it doesn't necessarily mean he isn't considering marrying you, or doesn't 'want' to. Many men just get freaked out by the prospect of 'till death do us part' My brother was going completely insane, pacing back and forth in the back of the church before the wedding, but got over his fears rather quickly after tying the knot. It's just a big step for some until they take it and see it's not so bad. Each guy is different though, he may very well not be looking for that sort of relationship, or he may not realize that is what YOU want from HIM. I think you'd do well to carry on a serious conversation with him about this sweetheart.

What Guys Said 1

• I may be wrong, but if marriage has never been brought up then your answer is probably a NO. I had a 6 year relationship right after school through college and my ex and I never once talked about marriage. Did we love each other? Absolutely, it was undeniable.

I had this talk with a close lady friend of mine who also had a previous 6 year relationship and same thing happened in her relationship. She was the one who came to the conclusion that if guys never bring up marriage then they never will. If it hasn't happened in 6 years it will never happen. Hope this helps.

What Girls Said 1

• I think that you need to move on. Coming from an older woman. I am an RN and believe me when you start working you will love the income. I think you should focus on your career right now and love can come later. Believe me you will thank me for it. Just tell him marry me or I'm leaving. You are both still young and you have to think about having children. Then after you get that job maybe he'll come around.

Good Luck