Would you propose to your girl/boyfriend public or in private?

Would you want to propose at say, a basketball game, restaurant, or park?

Or would you propose in your home, or out somewhere where you two are alone (or with very close friends)?

Personally, I'd would surround myself with nature, and propose to the lady either on a nice private beach or go on a hike in the mountains, either alone or with one or two close friends. Definitely don't want to put that kind of immense pressure on her (or myself) by doing it in public. And if she doesn't say yes... well, I might find myself on Youtube under the "fail" category.

Most Helpful Girl

• I wouldn't like my partner to propose in public, it's an important and intimate moment for the both of us

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm married (with 2.0). First of all, never ask a girl that question unless you already know her answer is YES.

Secondly, by being in a private (especially romantic) setting, it gives her and you both a memory to cherish forever.

If it's done publicly, it does put a lot of pressure on her to agree right then, if she's not ready. Best to make her cherish a private setting.

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 4

• not publicly, its puts a lot of pressure on the girl, i would doing somewhere romantic and secluded with an amazing view, say some cute thing to her then drop down to one knee. ^.^

• Private. Definitely, private.

• I did it while we were on a picnic.

If I had to do it again... I'd do it somewhat similiar.

No I'd never do it in public, that just puts WAY too much pressure on her.

• Not planning on ever marrying, but alone with just the two of us, though probably not at home.